Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2019, 09:25:58 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Anybody ever notice....
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Anybody ever notice....  ( 249 )
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« : November 26, 2019, 12:41:59 PM »

Anybody ever notice....that in westerns, whether Spaghetti or US or TV westerns, that horses who are tied up even for hours NEVER have a pile of crap on the ground behind them?  These animals poop all the time.  And when they piss it's like a small flood.

Mrs. Cusser - who owns two horses - also says a rider does NOT tie a horse up by his reins too.  And that the "mule" in Fistful is really just an ugly horse.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #1 : November 26, 2019, 06:27:32 PM »

Anybody ever notice....that in westerns, whether Spaghetti or US or TV westerns, that horses who are tied up even for hours NEVER have a pile of crap on the ground behind them?  These animals poop all the time.  And when they piss it's like a small flood.

Mrs. Cusser - who owns two horses - also says a rider does NOT tie a horse up by his reins too.  And that the "mule" in Fistful is really just an ugly horse.

Yep noticed that, though if I remember right Day Of Anger with Van Cleef and Gemma had Gemma working as a town  manure picker upper "street sweeper," complete with the shovel, broom, and the white trashcan on wheels.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Smokey
Bandido

« #2 : November 27, 2019, 05:40:12 AM »

Grabbing saddle horn and getting on horse from the right side considered bad horsemanship. Movie and tv horses look like very good stock though.
Ears are perky, they prance and in general look lively even when their supposed to be tired like after crossing the desert etc.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

« #3 : November 27, 2019, 07:31:22 AM »

And rarely do they ever water or feed their horses, who need a ton of water. The average horse will drink 5 to 10 gallons of fresh water per day.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #4 : November 27, 2019, 09:36:24 AM »

And rarely do they ever water or feed their horses, who need a ton of water. The average horse will drink 5 to 10 gallons of fresh water per day.

Yea that point about water is very true, especially when the actors who have been rationing say a canteen a cross a desert finally get to a water hole and they run to the water splash drink etc., etc. while their horses basically ignore it all.

If you haven't check out Blackthorn (2011) they handled the scenario much better, and you will probably be quite impressed with the landscapes as I was.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Cusser
Bounty Killer

« #5 : November 28, 2019, 08:48:27 AM »

...who have been rationing say a canteen a cross a desert finally get to a water hole and they run to the water splash drink etc., etc. while their horses basically ignore it all.

No water for horses combined with overnight hard riding caused horses to stop/go nuts in the little creek, strong contributor to Custer's demise.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines