Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2022, 07:04:32 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Deleted FISTFUL OF DOLLARS scene
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Deleted FISTFUL OF DOLLARS scene  ( 7335 )
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #15 : March 25, 2022, 06:21:40 PM »

Here's a guy who is sure that a 130 min version of FoD was shown in some countries here and there in the 80s released on VHS:

https://www.facebook.com/spaghettiwesterndatabase/posts/5087139481309589

Oh well, more funny than realistic ...
Uh, when I follow that link I'm told I have to log in to Facebook to read it. Which, needless to say, I'm not gonna do. Is there any way you could copy and paste the highlights?

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #16 : March 26, 2022, 05:49:42 AM »

Well you can just register with a fake account on the Grimacebook, like I did ,and then you can read such stuff. I meanwhile read a few things there, without doing any of the "friendship"and "like" stuff, without posting anythingfrom myself.

But some of the things he claimed, and there was more which he apparently has meanwhile deleted, I can copy. The cause was the announcement of the A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS 4K UltraHD BluRay:

"This is the same shit 99 or 100 min version with 30 min missing from the film . Fuck ! Where the fuck is the directors cut ???????!!!!!!?"

"I think you saw the Leone movies when they apeared on dvd and bluray cos you where to young to see them ?n cinema or on VHS ?n the 80s or on rerelease on cinema ?n the 90s ..so I think you dont know shit about Sergio Leone"

"Ive asked a fried of mine who works at Cinecita studio and who knows Leones son Andrea Leone and Andrea told him that ther is a much longer version of the movie but it was never released on blurays and dvd it was released on some VHS ?n the 80s and on cable ."

"Fistful was a german italo spanish coproduction and on hes release ?n 1964 it was cut diferently for difrent countrys ?n Italy and germany ?n 64 the release was the directors cut , ?n other countrys ?n Europe ?n 65 was released ?n different versions ?n 67 the US release and UK release was havely cut , ?n 69 ?n Rom?nia was also released the 130 min version ."

In between he names some different shots from the trailer as proof for stuff from that 130 min version. In the deleted posts he said amongst other things that in German TV this version was once shown, but that is surely not true.

Whatever, if a longer or different version of any Leone western had been released wherever and whenever, this would long be known to all the hardcore fans, and there are enough hardcore fans alone in this forum here.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #17 : March 26, 2022, 07:58:33 AM »

"Ive asked a fried of mine who works at Cinecita studio and who knows Leones son Andrea Leone and Andrea told him that ther is a much longer version of the movie but it was never released on blurays and dvd it was released on some VHS ?n the 80s and on cable ."
This seems to be the crux. We need to hear from Andrea to confirm. The I-talked-to-an-unnamed-friend-who-talked-to-somebody-else is the textbook example of unreliability.

And as you say, stanton, how is it nobody knowledgeable about Leone has ever mentioned this before? It would be fun to believe . . . like "knowing" someday you will win the lotto.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Le Bon
Bounty Killer

You'd better be Bill Carson

« #18 : March 30, 2022, 12:17:26 PM »

When I read Stanton's first post about it I thought it must be the guy who said he saw a longer version on German TV on facebook before and your quotes confirm it.  He posts about it every so often. I think someone would have recorded it and I am sure we would have heard about it before from one of the Leone experts like Christopher Frayling.

stanton
Bounty Killer

« #19 : March 31, 2022, 02:10:51 AM »

Fod on German TV (in the 90s it was I think) was indeed the first time I saw the uncut version, but that was of course the usual 100 min version.

Also the longer versions of OuTW and GBU (without the grotto scene) could be viewed there, years before they were released on DVD.

Le Bon
Bounty Killer

You'd better be Bill Carson

« #20 : March 31, 2022, 09:32:09 AM »

I seem to remember Mike Siegel replying to him on FB and saying that he had all German TV recordings and none were 130 mins. Maybe with TV commercials though.

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines