Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 27, 2021, 06:06:09 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Coronavirus COVID-19
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
: Coronavirus COVID-19  ( 12953 )
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #90 : April 04, 2020, 05:35:36 PM »

Did you make kosher jjapaguri?

of course. and she liked it better than her pork bellies  ;)

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #91 : April 05, 2020, 11:46:02 AM »

Lowest numbers since March 19. The Health Dept. says peak has been reached, getting ready for phase 2. Whatever that may mean.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #92 : April 06, 2020, 06:44:00 AM »

Lowest numbers since March 19. The Health Dept. says peak has been reached, getting ready for phase 2. Whatever that may mean.
This might provide a clue: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-commemoration/three-waves.htm

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #93 : April 06, 2020, 01:50:25 PM »

They'll begin (maybe) to understand when army trucks will start carrying caskets outside of the state because local cemeteries won't be able to cope with all the cremations and burials.

In facts: "New York City Considers Mass Graves in Park for Virus Victims"

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #94 : April 14, 2020, 01:36:28 PM »

Thank God it appears that New York may have reached its peak.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #95 : April 14, 2020, 02:09:44 PM »

Thank God it appears that New York may have reached its peak.

Now the problem is how long it will take to get near 0 new infections. That depends on the number of tests being made and how well containment measures are respected by citizens. Also, not having a public NHS like in Europe might make a difference.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #96 : April 14, 2020, 02:54:00 PM »

Now the problem is how long it will take to get near 0 new infections. That depends on the number of tests being made and how well containment measures are respected by citizens. Also, not having a public NHS like in Europe might make a difference.

There is also the issue of whether there are new strains of the virus that people may not be immune to.

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #97 : April 14, 2020, 03:49:41 PM »

There is also the issue of whether there are new strains of the virus that people may not be immune to.

With strict containment that shouldn't make a difference with infections, only in the search of a vaccine. The problem is that containment can't be kept strict for a long time. The economy cannot be bound for long and people too. But if you adhere to rules like wearing mask and gloves and keep social distancing, once that the numbers are low, you can start (slowly) again until a vaccine is discovered. Still I don't know if, in the USA where there's no NHS, those measures can be as effective as in Europe. What about people who can't afford test and care?

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #98 : April 16, 2020, 10:11:51 AM »

Lowest percentage of new cases since the start of the pandemic: 6,2% on a record number of 60.000 tests performed. Still a high number of deaths. The problem (or not) is that they are mostly concentrated in the North-West, especially in the Milan area; and up there it doesn't seem to be a slack-down of the number of  new infections (and on the people going round). I presume that by the beginning of new month, at least in the rest of the country, the lockdown might end, though the safety measures  will be kept until a vaccine will be found. Which means that an effective lockdown must last for at least a couple of months. Let's see.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #99 : April 16, 2020, 06:51:34 PM »

With strict containment that shouldn't make a difference with infections, only in the search of a vaccine. The problem is that containment can't be kept strict for a long time. The economy cannot be bound for long and people too. But if you adhere to rules like wearing mask and gloves and keep social distancing, once that the numbers are low, you can start (slowly) again until a vaccine is discovered. Still I don't know if, in the USA where there's no NHS, those measures can be as effective as in Europe. What about people who can't afford test and care?

This was a concern, that poor people would not get tested or proper care because they couldn?t afford it, then they would spread the virus to other people.

So, testing and care are generally free now; and  Insurance companies are not charging anything out of pocket  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/03/19/health/coronavirus-tests-bills.amp.html

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #100 : April 17, 2020, 02:29:47 AM »

This was a concern, that poor people would not get tested or proper care because they couldn?t afford it, then they would spread the virus to other people.

So, testing and care are generally free now; and  Insurance companies are not charging anything out of pocket  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/03/19/health/coronavirus-tests-bills.amp.html

But you skipped the subheading.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #101 : April 17, 2020, 03:41:11 AM »

But you skipped the subheading.

It seems that you read the subheading but did not read the actual article. People may face bills If they go out of their healthcare network (meaning, a doctor who does not take their insurance) or undergo unrelated tests. But typically, you go to your doctor or a hospital that takes your insurance - and whatever insurance you have, there are plenty of places that take it - and all coronavirus testing is free.

« : April 17, 2020, 03:42:28 AM drinkanddestroy »

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #102 : April 17, 2020, 04:37:38 AM »

In the German-speaking countries, it's ending: https://spinstrangenesscharm.wordpress.com/2020/04/16/covid19-update-april-16-2020-germanys-exit-roadmap/

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #103 : April 17, 2020, 05:21:09 AM »

It seems that you read the subheading but did not read the actual article.

I'm not a NYT subscriber.

But if there are all those caveat for people with an insurance, what about people with none?

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #104 : April 17, 2020, 05:34:59 AM »

I'm not a NYT subscriber.

But if there are all those caveat for people with an insurance, what about people with none?

From the article:

What if I don?t have insurance?
You should be able to get covered. If you lose your job, you may qualify for Medicaid or be able to sign up for a health plan under the Affordable Care Act.

A growing number of states are also creating a special enrollment period for residents who want to sign up, and there is even some talk of the federal government making a similar decision for the marketplaces they operate. There?s also talk of using the Medicaid program much more broadly to cover the uninsured.

: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines