Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 12:45:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  goodbye, colonel
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: goodbye, colonel  (Read 2568 times)
KERMIT
« on: November 03, 2004, 08:55:35 PM »

does clint's character actually say he'd like to keep the partnership going to col. mortimer ?  i remember the col. saying back to monco, while tugging his ear, " maybe some other time son".  it so unlike the man with no name to show any sentiment.

but then the col. wasn't just wasn't any other man.
morricone's music, just after the big gundown with indio is sooo beautiful.  i could cry just thinking of that piece.  col. mortimer, wherever you are, we few, here at the leone board  love, and miss you...
and, what you stood for. goodbye, colonel.
kermit

« Last Edit: November 03, 2004, 10:09:02 PM by KERMIT » Logged
Danny
Bandido

People scare easier when they're dyin'

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 05:14:40 AM »

I agree, nice spoken!!!

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 12:00:32 PM »

"What about our partnership?"

"Maybe next time"

DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 12:47:04 PM »

surely clint was not offering half the money!!! i guess he was just so surprised the colonel just wanted revenge

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
Tim
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 06:50:01 PM »

When Col. Mortimer and Manco first form a partnership, do they even decide how to split up the money?  I remember the colonel tries to trick Manco into taking Indio's reward while he'll take all the other members of the gang.

In that last scene, I've always assumed Manco meant the money for Indio and his gang, nothing in the future concerning their partnership.  Once Indio was taken care of, they were both free to go their own way.

KERMIT
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 10:33:35 PM »

hypothetically speaking, what actors would best fit the boots of mortimer, tuco & manco ? i'm stuck in sequel city again.  Embarrassed

i know tuco dosn't belong but i'd like to see a sequel to  FFDM so we could see what further adventure's await a reunited colonel & manco with tuco written in making it just like old times.  so if GB&U is a prequel, FFDM would be the end of the trilogy, making room for a fourth film.  obviously, it couldn't be done without leone.  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 10:45:59 PM by KERMIT » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM