Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2020, 02:00:24 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Jack Slade (1953)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Jack Slade (1953)  ( 72 )
titoli
Bounty Killer

« : November 17, 2020, 02:08:38 PM »

This is something. I saw it on recommendation from Garfield and confirm his judgement. Somebody at IMDB complains because it has nothing to do with the real JS: of course, this is baloney. Change the name of the character and watch the movie for what it is. Someone else dubs it (inevitably as this is a b&w Monogram  c-production)  a noir.  Well, as it is the story of a path to self-destruction, it might very well be included in the genre (but I leave to CJ the task of confirming or not. The photography has got nothing of the noir features: actually I can't remember a single night scene). But there are 2 things that I want to mention: the shootings and the love interest. I would like to know where the legend of the victim being not shown with the killer originated (see also my recentlt reviewed The Restless Breed for an example of the contrary); and also the other legend of the ban of cold-blood killings by the law.  Here it is sufficient watching any of  the shootings to debunk all of these mythologies. And as to the love interest, at long last I've found a movie with no frills as to the attraction based only on sex of the two charachters. Dorothy Malone may not have been very attractive but she makes things clear at once and the dialogues have no room for inanities: the couple is always kissing and not on the brow. So I give it 8/10 only because I don't know what to do with Mark Stevens, I can't see he was picked up at all. And the production values are what they are: those of the cheapest SW. 

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines