Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2024, 02:01:00 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  NEW dvd's in 2005 FOD FAFDM AND DYS
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: NEW dvd's in 2005 FOD FAFDM AND DYS  ( 52809 )
mackace23
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

« : November 07, 2004, 04:25:00 PM »

there has been news that those movies will be restored. I don't know if this has been posted yet but here ya go.....

The restored Fistful of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More and Duck You Sucker DVDs will be release in Europe around April and in the U.S. in the summer of 2005. Just finished the supplements and damn happy to be done. I know Aldo will be in the supplements as they interviewed at my house. Chris Frayling is in town to do some narration tracks. We will meet with MGM and Chris Monday and get some better dates for Leone Exhibit starting in August 2005. Chris Frayling is doing narration for The Good, The Bad and Ugly with the hope that they will re-release the film PROPERLY in its right state later, although Sony bought MGM we will keep our fingers crossed.
Have seen the completed films and appear to have the missing scenes restored as well as the A.B.C. forward with Harry Dean Stanton in Fistful Of Dollars.
Loads of unpublished stills will be on the supplements as well.

source:
http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?disc=160642;article=88525;title=Spaghetti%20Western%20Web%20Board;pagemark=20

Concorde
Gunslinger

"Finally, I believe ONLY in dynamite...."

« #1 : November 09, 2004, 04:27:36 AM »

???

I'm sorry, what is meant by Frayling doing "narration" for THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY? Did you mean to say DUCK YOU SUCKER instead?

And did you mean a "commentary track" or actual narration?

Would this herald yet another, different release of GBU with Frayling's voice added to the disc?

Do tell...

The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

« #2 : November 09, 2004, 02:05:38 PM »

Richard Snik-Heel bein given his marching orders. mmm interesting.
I think they gonna have another go at getting that 'rock hitting ground = soundeffect' always a tough one that ay fellars?

;D 'were out of the woods'  

« : November 09, 2004, 02:10:31 PM The Smoker »

General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

« #3 : November 09, 2004, 07:06:07 PM »

???

I'm sorry, what is meant by Frayling doing "narration" for THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY? Did you mean to say DUCK YOU SUCKER instead?

And did you mean a "commentary track" or actual narration?

Would this herald yet another, different release of GBU with Frayling's voice added to the disc?

Do tell...

Concorde, has your Morricone interview been published?  Can we see it posted anywhere?

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
Concorde
Gunslinger

« #4 : November 09, 2004, 08:06:35 PM »

;D

Yes, General, my recent Morricone interview appeared in the October issue of STOMP AND STAMMER, but it was not included in the magazine's very limited web content. I'm amenable to posting a portion of it on this site, but this hardly seems like the best Topic/Thread for it. Maybe I should start a fresh one.

In the meantime, I'm still DYING to know what is meant by Frayling "doing some narration" for GBU. I can only hope that this means "commentary" and that it's for DYS, not for GBU.

Do tell....

I keep thinking of Chris Frayling, in his mellifluous English voice, narrating GBU with banter such as, "Little did Blondy know, but his old nemesis Tuco was actually just 'round the corner, enjoying a much overdue bubble bath -- and about to entertain a most unexpected visitor, heh heh heh....Let's join ole Tuc now once again, shall we, as he plays rub-a-dub-dub, with a special little .44 caliber surprise hidden under all those foamy scrubbin' bubbles...."

<sigh>

« : November 09, 2004, 08:08:45 PM Concorde »
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

« #5 : November 09, 2004, 08:32:34 PM »

I'm a little partial to a foaming-at-the-mouth Alex Cox myself.

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
Concorde
Gunslinger

« #6 : November 09, 2004, 08:37:29 PM »

???

You mean Alex Cox, the "director" of STRAIGHT TO HELL...a "film" best described as, "a party he threw in Spain and called a 'movie'...."?

That guy?

;)

General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

« #7 : November 09, 2004, 08:48:15 PM »

I'll forgive 20 Straight to Hells, this is the guy who gave us Repo Man :

"Wow, that was intense!"
Sayeth Harry Dean Stanton, "Repo Man's life is always intense"  ;D

Nobody
Gunslinger

Nobody, but Nobody, knows the trouble he's in!

« #8 : November 10, 2004, 02:13:44 AM »

I don't know about Alex Cox, I've pretty much lost all respect for the guy because of the Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas controversy. Besides, he has made introductions on several dvds (including Ikiru and The Great Silence), and I don't find what he says very rewarding or insightful. Haven't seen Repo Man yet, so for now I don't have any reason to like him.

"As boys, they said they would die for each other. As men, they did."
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

« #9 : November 10, 2004, 04:15:23 AM »

Nobody, I also thought he was a shameless whore for doing that raving intro for The Great Shite - if I didn't know which film he was introducing I would have thought he was talking about Citizen Kane.  But like I said, he's forgiven a multitude of sins for Repo Man.  If you've never seen it you've got to rent, it'll be a sound investment of your $2.  Hilarious movie, great satire.

Nobody
Gunslinger

Nobody, but Nobody, knows the trouble he's in!

« #10 : November 10, 2004, 06:29:31 AM »

I guess I should get a copy, but if I want the r1 special edition, I have to spend 45 bucks, not including shipping. A bit expensive, perhaps?

I also noticed that Cox recently made a documentary on the Emanuelle films. That doesn't exactly give the guy more respectability in my book.

"As boys, they said they would die for each other. As men, they did."
Film-Junkie Zach
Bandido

« #11 : November 10, 2004, 09:49:59 AM »

MGM and sony should make box set of A Fistful Of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, and A Fistful Of Dynamite altogether.  ;)

General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

« #12 : November 10, 2004, 05:26:16 PM »

I also noticed that Cox recently made a documentary on the Emanuelle films. That doesn't exactly give the guy more respectability in my book.

Look, Look...he's taking the filthy money!

I agree he's a total whore - he's milked the success from one good movie for all it's worth.  Repo Man's not worth $45, but it's worth renting - or buying on the cheap, it's worth a few repeat views.

And speaking of milking cash, MGM will squeeze every penny they can out of Leone and his heirs will happily cash their checks too.  I'm sure we'll be seeing many more Special Edition, Collectors Edition, Director's Cut, Boxed Sets, etc in the years to come.    OUTITW and GBU got the good treatment and I think they were both extremely profitable DVD releases.

But first they need to redo the sound on GBU they just released this year and get the gunshots right.

mackace23
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

« #13 : November 10, 2004, 07:54:32 PM »

But first they need to redo the sound on GBU they just released this year and get the gunshots right.

I totally agree, it's hard to watch that disc..i still stick to the 1st one

Film-Junkie Zach
Bandido

« #14 : November 10, 2004, 10:52:36 PM »

If There's really going to be a new edition of The Good The Bad and The Ugly? I Hope they put a new commentary track on there. Schickle was okay, He wasn't as great as the film is. If MGM puts another commentary track on GBU, They should put Sir Christopher Frayling or Roger Ebert or bunch other film critics or film historians. I think It would be really awesome if Quentin Tarantino did a commentary track for GBU. I can imagining hearing him praising Leone and the film, and telling the listener how the film influence his filmmaking.

: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines