Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2024, 01:33:33 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  NEW dvd's in 2005 FOD FAFDM AND DYS
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: NEW dvd's in 2005 FOD FAFDM AND DYS  ( 52808 )
Bill Carson

« #15 : November 11, 2004, 04:31:18 PM »

8)  hola amigos. well, this sounds very interesting. the world DEFINITELY needs new & complete editions of FOD, FAFDM and DYS (which I don't actually own on any format yet).  I think the good thing about Leone movies is that there are only a fistful of them out there so I personally don't mind dvd re-releases as long as there are some worthy additions and special features included. keep us posted amigos...

Christopher

« #16 : November 13, 2004, 10:40:07 AM »

Have seen the completed films and appear to have the missing scenes restored as well as the A.B.C. forward with Harry Dean Stanton in Fistful Of Dollars.
I've read about this somewhere else as well. Is the ABC forward that thing they did to try to give some moral meaning to what "Joe" does in A Fistful of Dollars? Certainly they wouldn't restore that to the movie itself. I could see them putting it on the disc as an extra feature, but that would be all.

I've never seen Duck You Sucker, so that will be nice to have a disc out there available.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #17 : November 13, 2004, 04:20:39 PM »

Yea its supposed to be an extra.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Tekker
Road Apple

"You'we brought two too many"

« #18 : December 07, 2004, 03:46:59 AM »

If There's really going to be a new edition of The Good The Bad and The Ugly? I Hope they put a new commentary track on there. Schickle was okay, He wasn't as great as the film is. If MGM puts another commentary track on GBU, They should put Sir Christopher Frayling or Roger Ebert or bunch other film critics or film historians. I think It would be really awesome if Quentin Tarantino did a commentary track for GBU. I can imagining hearing him praising Leone and the film, and telling the listener how the film influence his filmmaking.
I think you mixed it together.
Chris Frayling did commentary on "Once upon a time in the west" and Richard Schickle did one on "The good, the bad & the ugly.
I do not think there will be a new SE of GBU with Frayling commentary.
As interesting Frayling is to listen at, why re-release it?

That brings up another point: Why did Frayling only do the commentary on "West", and not OATIA or GBU?
Anyone?

"This CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema. If i'd wanted all that computer game bullshit, I'd have gone home and stuck my dick in my Nintendo" - Quentin Tarantino
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #19 : December 10, 2004, 11:34:00 PM »

Why did Frayling only do the commentary on "West", and not OATIA or GBU?
Anyone?
My guess is that Paramount asked him to, but Warners and MGM didn't.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Concorde
Gunslinger

"Finally, I believe ONLY in dynamite...."

« #20 : December 11, 2004, 08:45:45 AM »

Well, Frayling has done a commentary for the DUCK YOU SUCKER Special Edition that should be out next year.

I expect he'll also be involved with the FISTFUL and FDM dics as well.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #21 : December 12, 2004, 04:48:07 PM »

Well, Frayling has done a commentary for the DUCK YOU SUCKER Special Edition that should be out next year.

I expect he'll also be involved with the FISTFUL and FDM dics as well.

Yes, MGM has finally seen the light, apparently, but too late for their GBU SE.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
semore
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

« #22 : December 19, 2004, 05:27:16 PM »

hi just looked on play.com, they have listed special editions of the remaining dollar films and dynamite due to be released 18th april. 2 disc sets with plenty of extras! check it out!

almulock
Road Apple

"people scare easier when their dyin' "

« #23 : December 24, 2004, 03:56:47 PM »

How much new footage will be in the restorations of FFOD and FAFDM if any?

I've had a lot o' practice shooting with my left hand
kleescher
Road Apple

"spoken like a true prodigy"

« #24 : December 29, 2004, 02:47:17 PM »

take a look at that,

its gonne be sweet

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=comingsoon&r=R2&title=0&searchtype=genre&id=0&p=57&g=72&adudisc=y&who=&cpage=1&fd=18+Apr+2005&ld=1+May+2005

Jupa
Gunslinger

Viva Leone!

« #25 : December 30, 2004, 05:07:31 AM »

The restored Fistful of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More and Duck You Sucker DVDs will be release in Europe around April and in the U.S. in the summer of 2005. Just finished the supplements and damn happy to be done. I know Aldo will be in the supplements as they interviewed at my house. Chris Frayling is in town to do some narration tracks. Chris Frayling is doing narration for The Good, The Bad and Ugly with the hope that they will re-release the film PROPERLY in its right state later, although Sony bought MGM we will keep our fingers crossed.

Excuse my ignorance,but who are you?You''re working at MGM,restoring Leone westerns?

Is there a possibility that there will be yet another GBU DVD release?

It''s great to have FOD and FOFDM on DVD as well!  ;D I was just wondering when the rest of Leone''s films would be released on DVD.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #26 : April 19, 2006, 11:24:43 PM »

I know Aldo will be in the supplements as they interviewed at my house.

Sanbrell? or the other Aldo?

Sanbrell wasnt in the supplements at all.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #27 : April 20, 2006, 06:33:08 AM »

hi just looked on play.com, they have listed special editions of the remaining dollar films and dynamite due to be released 18th april. 2 disc sets with plenty of extras! check it out!
Looks like i'm gonna have to replace my broken multi-region player!

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #28 : April 20, 2006, 08:38:56 AM »

Looks like i'm gonna have to replace my broken multi-region player!

Why? we are not getting a copy of any leone special editions  in the states any time soon.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #29 : April 21, 2006, 03:12:02 AM »

I've managed to take the cover off and manually kick start the discs anyway without electrocuting myself :o!!

: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines