Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2019, 07:01:46 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Guilty Pleasures
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: Guilty Pleasures  ( 13551 )
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

« : November 12, 2004, 08:24:01 AM »

Although I don't really care much for the non-Leone SW's, there's certainly plenty of fans on this board.  I'd consider these a "Guilty Pleasure", bad movies that you still get some perverse enjoyment from - not to be confused with "Worst Films", which have pretensions to being good movies but which flat out suck and make you ill.

So, some of my guilty pleasures are:

"Stone Cold" - screen debut of the immortal Brian Bosworth, co-starring Lance Henriksen as "Chains" and William Forsythe (yes, it's Cockeye!) as "Ice".

"Action Jackson" - Carl Weathers, and screen debut of Vanity as hot & horny junkie mistress of thinly veiled craven John DeLorean played by Craig T. Nelson (aka "Coach").   B-level Sharon Stone as clueless wife.  Robert Davi with heartbreaking scene as strungout DEA agent.

Any early Arnold - Raw Deal, Heat, Commando, etc.  Commando moves up on the list based on one pure line of dialogue, "I like you Sully, you a funny guy...dat's vy I'm going to kill you last"

"Warriors" - Sully from Commando reappears as creepy apocalyptic gang war instigator.  This time he gets the great line of dialogue at the climactic showdown on the beach of Coney Island, where he rhytmically clinks 3 "little Mickie's" bottles on the fingers of one hand while taunting them with, "Warriors...come out to play-ay.  Warriors...come out to PLAY-AY!

And, I think Fistful of Dollars has to fall into this category too :-X

« : November 12, 2004, 08:37:46 AM General Sibley »

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
Belkin
Gunslinger

Can my character have a poncho, Sergio? Please!

« #1 : November 12, 2004, 12:08:51 PM »

JACK PALANCE IN HAWK THE SLAYER (1980). Bad but, wonderfully bad! :D

You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it on the streets...
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

« #2 : November 12, 2004, 12:20:18 PM »

JACK PALANCE IN HAWK THE SLAYER (1980). Bad but, wonderfully bad! :D

Never seen it, but sounds promising - I think a requirement for Guilty Pleasure is a healthy dose of shameless overacting.  Palance mug would be on the wanted poster ;D

Kermit once mentioned "Terror in a Texas Town" with a stoic Sterling Hayden as a harpoon-throwing avenger in a corrupt Texas Town.   This plot screams for Shelley Winters as the love interest.

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
Film-Junkie Zach
Bandido

« #3 : November 12, 2004, 02:46:03 PM »

The Sweetest Thing
Halloween 3:Season of the Witch
Bride Of Chucky
Exit Wounds
Rush Hour and Rush Hour 2
Saw
Resident Evil:Apocalypse
Ghosts Of Mars
13 Going On 30
Just Married

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

« #4 : November 12, 2004, 05:37:04 PM »

not sure exactly how you'd consider Fistful of dollars a guilty pleasure... maybe you and i differ on the definition of a guilty pleasure, but Fistful is truly a great movie... one of leone's best... it's so damn close to being my favorite of the dollars trilogy it's not even funny...

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
David Aaronson
Bandido

Noodles

« #5 : November 13, 2004, 03:07:49 AM »

Black Caesar, Hell Up In Harlem, no wait actually those are great movies.

However, that can't be said about The Enforcer, the third Dirty Harry film. But I love it all the same.

Fat Moe: What have you been doing all these years?
Noodles: I've been going to bed early.
Belkin
Gunslinger

« #6 : November 13, 2004, 03:28:13 AM »

Dead Pool would be my DIRTY HARRY guilty pleasure. That minature car with bomb sequence.....BAD! No.....VERY, VERY BAD!

Belkin
Gunslinger

« #7 : November 13, 2004, 03:30:27 AM »

Never seen it, but sounds promising - I think a requirement for Guilty Pleasure is a healthy dose of shameless overacting.  Palance mug would be on the wanted poster ;D

Kermit once mentioned "Terror in a Texas Town" with a stoic Sterling Hayden as a harpoon-throwing avenger in a corrupt Texas Town.   This plot screams for Shelley Winters as the love interest.
TERROR IN A TEXAS TOWN. Saw it years ago. That harpoon vs. six shooter scene is a delightful guilty pleasure!

« : November 13, 2004, 11:49:32 AM Belkin »

Belkin
Gunslinger

« #8 : November 14, 2004, 03:34:05 AM »

Another one  springs to mind: RONALD REAGAN in BEDTIME FOR BONZO! UGH! :o

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #9 : November 14, 2004, 05:11:01 AM »

My all time favorite Guilty Pleasure that I wish would come out on DVD is Wise Guys.

Danny De Vito as Harry Valentini, Joe Piscapo as Moe Dickstein, Dan Hedya as Mob Boss Anthony Castelo, and the incomparable Captian Lou Albano as Frank "The Fixer" Acavano, this film is just hilarious, everybody outrageously over acts, its a modern classic.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
David Aaronson
Bandido

Noodles

« #10 : November 14, 2004, 07:10:03 AM »

Dead Pool would be my DIRTY HARRY guilty pleasure. That minature car with bomb sequence.....BAD! No.....VERY, VERY BAD!
Haven't seen it yet... but I will. 8)

Fat Moe: What have you been doing all these years?
Noodles: I've been going to bed early.
Two Kinds of ...
Gunslinger

Idiots - it's for you.

« #11 : November 14, 2004, 12:28:12 PM »

Actually that's a clever scene.  Think about how many regular sized Car Chases we'd seen around San Francisco from Bullitt until then.    How were they gonna make this car chase different?   By making it absurd with the remote control car.   It was a self aware parody and it was pretty funny ultimately.

More feeling.
The Hunchback
Chicken Thief

I'm going down to Emmett's Fix-It Shop...

« #12 : November 28, 2004, 06:02:28 PM »

Film-Junkie Zach, I was happy to see someone else out there liked EXIT WOUNDS and HALLOWEEN 3 as much as I did.  When ever I watch, or even think about, HALLOWEEN 3, I get the TV jingle from the movie stuck in my head.  Do ya remember?  It's London Bridges Falling Down with some really lame lyrics.

"10 more days til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween.  10 more days til Halloween. Silver Shamrock!"

Anyone know of an audio file of this out somewhere out on the net?

Film-Junkie Zach
Bandido

« #13 : November 28, 2004, 10:01:10 PM »

Film-Junkie Zach, I was happy to see someone else out there liked EXIT WOUNDS and HALLOWEEN 3 as much as I did.  When ever I watch, or even think about, HALLOWEEN 3, I get the TV jingle from the movie stuck in my head.  Do ya remember?  It's London Bridges Falling Down with some really lame lyrics.

"10 more days til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween.  10 more days til Halloween. Silver Shamrock!"

Anyone know of an audio file of this out somewhere out on the net?

try www.houseofhorrors.com

I Liked Halloween III because it was very good and different from the first two Halloween films. I thought the ending was great. Tom Atkins totally excuted that ending.

I Think the real reason Halloween III flopped because It didn't have The Shape. Everyone Loved The Shape. The Fans are the reason why The Shape won't die. I think Halloween III is better than Halloween 4, 5, 6, and 8. H20 is good as The Orinigal, Halloween II and III.

Nobody
Gunslinger

Nobody, but Nobody, knows the trouble he's in!

« #14 : November 29, 2004, 04:13:11 AM »

Highlander 2, 3, and 4.

I think the first one is a great films, but the sequels are bad, and I still love em. I'd go so far as to say that the second in the series is among the worst films I've ever seen, but it's still hugely enjoyable. Long Live Christophe Lambert! I haven't seen the series though.

"As boys, they said they would die for each other. As men, they did."
: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines