Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2019, 07:24:12 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Favorite Halloween Movie?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Favorite Halloween Movie?  ( 8199 )
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

« #15 : October 13, 2005, 04:42:37 PM »

I'm curious to see Return of the Living Dead. I remember reading that Tobe Hooper had at one time considered, or was considered, to direct.

tobe hooper is finally making a zombie movie, i believe it's due out in 2006

psycho is another great one i forgot

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #16 : October 17, 2005, 12:49:20 PM »

I plan to have a horror fest after my Spaghetti season. I hope to watch all the Romero dead films (Night - Dawn - Day are the films I tend to watch at Halloween anyway. Followed by my new special edition of David Cronenbergs excellent The Fly, and finally, all the films in the Val Lewton DVD boxset. And of course, nicely balanced with some MST3K  ;D

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Cat Stevens
Road Apple

« #17 : October 17, 2005, 01:25:54 PM »

You can never go wrong with the original Halloween movie.  Though this Halloween, I'll be checking out Showtime's Masters of Horror series.

Two Kinds of ...
Gunslinger

Idiots - it's for you.

« #18 : October 24, 2005, 08:52:48 PM »

I like the Universal classics,  the Lewton stuff, The Hammer stuff, the Corman/Vincent Price flicks, the William Castle stuff,  the Haunting, the Legend of Hell House, the Exorcist, Halloween, etc.

More feeling.
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

« #19 : October 26, 2005, 09:16:05 PM »

the corman/price stuff is really high up on my to see list... i really can't wait... I just never get around to buying any of it.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
HEX

« #20 : October 27, 2005, 09:35:21 AM »

just recently bought THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON legacy dvd. the dvd includes the three GILL-MAN movies with special features and commentary on all three films. it was a bargain for only 16 bucks so i had to get it.

i had not seen the last two but the first one i had always liked. it is nice to see that they all have aged pretty well.

universal has got the other legacy collections(if u didnt already know. i know these dvds are about a year old) of all there monsters FRANKENSTEIN, DRACULA, WOLF MAN, THE INVISIBLE MAN to name a few. all 16 dollars. worth a buy i say.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #21 : October 28, 2005, 02:50:07 AM »

In the legacy collection, its a shame that Dracula looks so bad. The film is covered in scratches and splices, the original mono isn't so hot either (but that is to be expected for a film this old). This film is dying for a proper restoration on DVD. Especially when you see the quality of the Frankenstein DVD's, which seem to almost vividly jump off the screen.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Christopher

« #22 : October 28, 2005, 08:27:00 PM »

I hope to watch all the Romero dead films (Night - Dawn - Day are the films I tend to watch at Halloween anyway.
I'm planning on watching the unrated edition of Land of the Dead this weekend. I'll watch Halloween if I have time.

KERMIT

« #23 : October 29, 2005, 09:13:58 AM »

don seigal's " invation of the body snatchers"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049366/usercomments

« : October 29, 2005, 09:19:23 AM Kermit »
Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

« #24 : March 18, 2013, 12:12:28 AM »

It's either The Exorcist or The Thing.

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines