Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2019, 03:19:33 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Guilty Pleasures
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: Guilty Pleasures  ( 13547 )
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

« #30 : December 28, 2004, 12:07:54 PM »

Not a huge fan of horror genre, but rented "The Serpent and the Rainbow" this weekend (nice Christmas movie  ;)   Haven''t seen this in ages, they''ve dropped it from TV rotation - but very cool movie.  Zakes Mokae is great in this as the evil Tonton Macoute voodoo master, "I''m a US citizen, think about that"  "I don''t see the ambassador here, do you?"

Reminds me of the first time I encountered a Wes Craven movie.  Was at a second-run theater with a date to see "Vice Squad" starring Season Hubley, yeesh - how did I remember that, I need a mind eraser.  "Nightmare on Elm Street" was second on the bill, so stuck around to watch the beginning of it - thought it was extremely powerful and scared the crap out of me  :o  But, the critics said it was schlock so of course it was schlock so I left.  Wes Craven is really underrated, very talented - too bad he''s been stuck in the genre ghetto his whole career.

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
riotengine
Chicken Thief

« #31 : January 16, 2005, 02:18:12 PM »

Never seen it, but sounds promising - I think a requirement for Guilty Pleasure is a healthy dose of shameless overacting.  Palance mug would be on the wanted poster ;D

Palance is quite amusing and chews the scenery from one end of the screen to the other. It's something to see.

Another reason to see "Hawk" is that it's yet another version of The Magnificent Seven/ Seven Samurai. The scene with the bow-wielding elf rips off James Coburn's knife-throwing duel with Robert J. Wilke.

Greg Espinoza

"It's a chess piece, the most versatile on the board. It can move in eight different directions, over obstacles, and it's always unexpected."

-- Richard Boone as Paladin
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #32 : April 26, 2006, 01:50:59 PM »

Although I don't really care much for the non-Leone SW's, there's certainly plenty of fans on this board.  I'd consider these a "Guilty Pleasure", bad movies that you still get some perverse enjoyment from -

That is rather insultive towards the genre, yes there are a lot of crap in spaghetti westerns out there but the genre also produced plenty of quality films also.

Outside of Leone what spaghetti westerns have you seen?

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #33 : April 27, 2006, 04:34:54 PM »

None probably-its my guess he's been listening too much to Leone-only anoraks ;D

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #34 : April 27, 2006, 08:18:57 PM »

None probably-its my guess he's been listening too much to Leone-only anoraks ;D

it would appear so... ;D

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

« #35 : March 18, 2013, 12:26:31 AM »

"The A-Team" TV series. The best TV series probably ever, nothing beats 'em, at least in it's genre. "McGyver" stays looooooong way behind. :P
^This.

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines