Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2021, 12:02:58 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Tough Guys Don't Dance (1987)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Tough Guys Don't Dance (1987)  ( 342 )
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« : September 06, 2021, 07:30:21 AM »

Directed by Norman Mailer, written by Norman Mailer and by Robert Towne(uncredited).
Starring Ryan O'Neal,Isabella Rossellini, Debra Stipe, Lawrence Tierney, Wings Hauser, Frances Fisher, and Penn Jillette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fruwz-waPU

Supposed to have been restored

Based on his novel, Norman Mailer adapted and directed this film of mystery and murder. An alcoholic ex-con/writer finds himself implicated in murderous plots but cannot seem to remember much. He sets out to investigate the case on his own. Featured are performances by Ryan O'Neal, Isabella Rossellini, Debra Sundland and Lawrence Tierney.

"It?s considered one of the worst movies ever made and one of the best ?so bad, it?s good? movies ever also. I saw it a long time ago expecting a neo-noir but came away laughing my ass off instead."

Anybody here see it? I don't remember it at all.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #1 : September 14, 2021, 11:57:14 AM »

I don't remember much either.

About 6/10 is what my memory proposes ...

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #2 : October 06, 2021, 02:45:51 PM »

It has a good start but about halfway the plot gets overcomplicated, some character (Wardley, namely) loses consistence and something remains unexplained (how O'Neal loses conscience after the meeting with the couple and remembers nothing afterward). Photography, music (terrible when Hauser suffers the attack. And what has got Elgar to do with the movie?)  and acting (O'Neal and Rossellini just can't do it) are bad with the exception of Tierney, of course and Hauser. Still it is better than most neo-noir which are celebrated here. 6-7/10

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #3 : October 06, 2021, 05:58:23 PM »

It has a good start but about halfway the plot gets overcomplicated, some character (Wardley, namely) loses consistence and something remains unexplained (how O'Neal loses conscience after the meeting with the couple and remembers nothing afterward). Photography, music (terrible when Hauser suffers the attack. And what has got Elgar to do with the movie?)  and acting (O'Neal and Rossellini just can't do it) are bad with the exception of Tierney, of course and Hauser. Still it is better than most neo-noir which are celebrated here. 6-7/10

Agree I gave it a 6/10 https://noirsville.blogspot.com/2021/09/tough-guys-dont-dance-1987-beach-town.html

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines