Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2022, 10:49:09 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Licorcice Pizza (2021)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Licorcice Pizza (2021)  ( 911 )
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« : September 27, 2021, 09:16:45 AM »

So i'm posting this mostly to piss PowerRR's off. Trailer for PTA's upcoming movie (that isn't called Soggy Bottom despite it being an amazing title): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofnXPwUPENo

And yes, that boy is Philip Seymour Hoffman's son.

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #1 : September 28, 2021, 08:00:52 AM »

This was supposed to be my big SLWB comeback post. Fuck you!

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #2 : September 28, 2021, 08:39:50 AM »

I don't want you back here. I WANT GROGGY.

T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #3 : September 30, 2021, 01:47:28 PM »

Licorcice Pizza?

Won't even be as good as Mystic Pizza.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
groggysghost
Road Apple

« #4 : October 01, 2021, 09:29:45 AM »

I don't want you back here. I WANT GROGGY.

What?

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #5 : October 01, 2021, 09:55:04 AM »

What?
Are we really getting groggysghost or is it just groggyTim hiding under another name?

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
groggysghost
Road Apple

« #6 : October 01, 2021, 09:57:15 AM »

Not with that attitude.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #7 : October 02, 2021, 05:21:03 AM »

Don?t play with me feelings  :'(

T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #8 : June 03, 2022, 02:11:13 AM »

While it's beautifully shot and features two likable leads, the script is an episodic shitshow which creates a horrifically slow paced, plodding mess. The movie works best in the first half as a jukebox movie (ie "Peace Frog" & "Let Me Roll It"), but this is a token example of how bad episodic movies almost always miss the mark. This one is a huge misfire that constantly features undeveloped. random new characters that the audience is strangely asked to care about. And too many scenes are way too long, like the restaurant scene with Sean Penn and the great Tom Waits. The movie flatlines before the bizarre Rebel Without a Cause set Evel Knievel bike jump, which is so fucking bizarre.

And how does it make a lick of sense for a 15 year old to be able to start two businesses, and how does a kid get randomly arrested for murder only to be chained to a chair and have some hippie say 'it's not him' and then he's released without any further explanation? And for a city as vast as LA, characters just randomly run into one another at whim, and why wouldn't the psycho Jon Peters character attack the kids after they drove away from the gas station when he ran into them again? But then it suddenly becomes hard to find one another for dramatic reasons at the climax?

This movie needed to go two ways: 1) a low key jukebox movie where the 15-17 year old boy is in love with his buddy's older sister, or 2) The Long Goodbye on acid following around the Jon Peters character for a weekend. Option 2 is the correct answer.

It would be an F+ if it wasn't so well lit and shot. D+

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #9 : June 03, 2022, 02:51:02 AM »

While it's beautifully shot and features two likable leads, the script is an episodic shitshow which creates a horrifically slow paced, plodding mess.
You've convinced me. I'll steer clear.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines