Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 01, 2024, 03:08:48 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Babylon (2022)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Babylon (2022)  ( 1255 )
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #15 : December 22, 2022, 09:29:27 AM »

This seems like a fair review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZZGFWjn9uc

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #16 : December 22, 2022, 04:33:21 PM »

Haha, could be accurate if I came anywhere close to going through that jabroni's filmogropahy. I still haven't even seen PTA's sewing movie.

Part of me admires that noodles and RR are pulling a Weekend at Bernie's by propping up contemporary cinema and prancing around pretending it's not dead.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #17 : December 22, 2022, 08:13:39 PM »

Part of me admires that noodles and RR are pulling a Weekend at Bernie's by propping up contemporary cinema and prancing around pretending it's not dead.
Don't forget that those worthy gentlemen make their livings in the industry. They each have a vested interest in keeping it alive.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #18 : February 19, 2023, 06:04:48 PM »

Didn't like so far what I saw of about 5-10 minutes of the beginning, elephant bit, the golden shower, and the beginning of the party. Will report back lol.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #19 : February 19, 2023, 06:28:45 PM »

At this point we need everyone in this thread to rate Chazelle's previous work. His 3 features are pretty close for me so if you ask me tomorrow I might have a different answer, but here is the current state of affair:

Whiplash - 8/10
Lalaland - 8.5/10
First Man - 7.5/10
Those 2 episodes from that one Netflix show - 5.5/10

Whiplash - never watched it
Lalaland - never watched it
First Man - never watched it
Those 2 episodes from that one Netflix show - never watched them

;-)

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #20 : February 20, 2023, 12:46:21 AM »

Didn't like so far what I saw of about 5-10 minutes of the beginning, elephant bit, the golden shower, and the beginning of the party. Will report back lol.

You aren't gonna like what comes after better.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #21 : February 20, 2023, 04:16:37 AM »

You aren't gonna like what comes after better.

I didn't enough to pay attention. I kind of half assed watched it while on the laptop, it just wasn't very engaging, too much shit (more than the elephant, lol) being thrown at you constantly. I suppose if you were in a theater where you had to pay attention you might have gotten more out of it. Who was Diego Calva supposed to be? He reminded me of Peter Sellers in The Party, lol, and Brad Pitt just reminded me of Cliff Booth from Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

Maybe if you had your Hollywood history down pretty good you would get the smaller references. I guess Margot Robbie was based on Clara Bow.

When you see obviously stupid stuff right at the get go from Damien Chazelle , i.e. no truckdriver in his right mind is going to do any towing or agree to get towed with a rope you always use chains, I just lose interest. Who greenlighted this, the music seemed to modern, the (I think DJ mentioned) the dialogue was too modern, glad I didn't pay any money to see it.

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #22 : February 27, 2023, 01:51:15 PM »

Oh yeah, coming back in to say - this movie kinda sucks. Bad Boogie Nights ripoff.

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines