Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 09:59:23 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  IS THIS TRUE?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IS THIS TRUE?  (Read 2659 times)
Belkin
Gunslinger

Can my character have a poncho, Sergio? Please!

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2004, 11:35:36 AM »

A pal of mine just let me in on this:
At the beginning, when the Bad shoots the farmer, he falls down on his stomach. When the farmer's wife sees him dead, he's on his back.
Never noticed it and can't check it as DVD machine just upped n' died. Anybody spot it?

You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it on the streets...
Sentenza
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 09:29:20 AM »

I just checked my uk (R2) DVD, the regular edition NOT the SE, and I can't confirm this:

Angel Eyes shoots
CUT
the farmer falls (to the right, against the wall!)
CUT
his wife hears the shot (outside)
CUT
farmer lies dead on the floor (A) on his back (he may be a bit too far to the left, after falling to the right in the earlier shot)
CUT
Angel eyes rises from the table, grabs the money, turns and shoots the young boy that comes running down the stairs
CUT
the farmer's wife comes running (still outside)
CUT
Angel Eyes steps over the dead bodies of the farmer and his son (filmed from the kitchen side). The farmer is still lying on his back (B)
CUT
the farmer's wife enters the kitchen from the back, turns around the corner, sees her dead family on the floor and faints - the farmer is lying in the same position as before (C)

It might be debatable though, whether the farmer has a slightly different position between shots A and B, see above.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 09:30:37 AM by Sentenza » Logged

We kill him now, papa?!
John Baldwin
Gunslinger

Do you recognize this string ???

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 11:18:21 AM »

If you look, at the end, after the gunshoot, the Sentenza's foot is not to the same position when he falls in the hole and after... Wink

Le monde se divise en deux catégories: ceux qui ont un revolver chargé, et ceux qui creusent; toi tu creuses...
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 01:18:48 PM »

Death spasms, or a lasp in continuity, in an otherwise perfect movie small change to worry about.

PS I also heard that there is something similar when the three bandito friends of Tuco get blasted one of the bodies is out of position, check it out.

And this I noticed myself in FAFDM when Mortimer is talking to the guy in the train there looks like a car driving by right to left on the Tucumcari landscape in the bg. behind the other guys head. I prefer to believe it is a fast moving fly. It takes some of the magic out to start looking at these films under the microscope.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Sentenza
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 01:57:15 PM »

It takes some of the magic out to start looking at these films under the microscope.

I have to agree with you, cigar joe. Once I found out about the car in the "bridge scene" from GBU, each time I watched it I was automatically looking out for the car. Though fun on the one hand, on the other it got pretty annoying. I almost had to train myself to ignore it for a while.

I guess this sort of thing happens easily if you watch a movie too often.  Grin

« Last Edit: November 22, 2004, 01:58:08 PM by Sentenza » Logged

We kill him now, papa?!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM