Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 05:38:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Greatest single moment in a Leone film
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Greatest single moment in a Leone film  (Read 24962 times)
Karin
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2003, 02:31:13 PM »

I agree with aussiedave. When Tucco is looking for the right grave - it's the most impressive scene ever. At least for me. The final shooting scene is great as well.

shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2003, 02:46:22 PM »

Another great scene, that you cand find in the OUTA movie poster, with the Brooklin bridge on the background.

Noticed that every great Leone scene is ALWAYS followed by a magnificent Morricone score?

Each one for himself, and God against all.
Il Buono
Gunslinger

You're the son of a thousand fathers!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2003, 10:58:31 AM »

My two absolute favourite scenes are in OUTIW.
The first one is the bar scene, where Jill, Cheyenne and Harmonica meet.  The atmosphere, camerawork and music is just perfect.  Not to mention the chemistry between Bronson and Robards...  Pure poetry.

The second one is the duel at the end.  The acting, the look in Fonda's eyes, he knows he's gonna die.  And Harmonica knows he's going to face his trauma again.  Than the circling, the flashback, damn great cameramove matches perfectly with the score, goosebumps all over the place, the shot, Cheyenne cutting himself with the razorblade...
Damn this is good stuff.

Sorry, lost control somewhere along... Grin

Your ass is grass... And I am the lawnmower
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2003, 03:40:35 PM »

I just watched GBU the other night and another great sequence is at the end of the Tuco and Blondie in the desert sequence where they meet Jackson (aka  Bill Carson). Its just hilarious when Tuco realizes that Blondie knows the name on the grave and he must keep him alive, another picaresque comic moment. In a film filled with them.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Ramon
Gunslinger

What are we going to do with this one Frank?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2003, 04:55:38 PM »

Just before the words 'The Bad' appears on screen.

When Lee Van Cleef laughs after shooting Baker in the head several times through the pillow. Lee Van Cleef oozes evil.  Amazing contrast with his portrayal of Douglas Mortimer the year before.

in these parts a man's life can depend on a mere scrap of information.

Ramon

www.fistfuloflocations.com
www.youtube.com/profile?user=swlocations
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2003, 01:41:31 PM »

Another one, the same scene described by Cigar Joe, but a few minutes before.

Blondie is "tortured" by Tuco in the desert. Tuco takes his gun and is ready to "finish" Blondie, and suddenly, the flashing, beautiful and surprising appearance of that carriage with Carson and the others, with the magnificent music of Morricone (track 5 on the cd, for those who have it, "The Carriage of the spirits").

Enjoy.

Angel Eyes
Bandido

I'll ask the questions!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2003, 07:36:09 PM »

in the monastery where Tuco tries to convince Blondie that he (Blondie) is dying and if he were in the same position he would tell Blondie the name on the grave.
Blondie slowly draws Tuco in with his finger. The anticipation of the gold in Tucos' eyes as he bends his head towards Blondies lips, only to have a hot cup of coffee thrown in his face.
"I'll sleep a lot better knowing that my good friend is watching over me"

shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2003, 01:11:36 PM »

Yeah, Tuco really rocks.

I saw yesterday Godfather III and Elli Wallach is magnificent as an italian mobster.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2003, 04:16:52 PM »

Hey Shorty, what's agachate tonto mean?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2003, 05:08:26 AM »

That's the title of "Duck you Sucker" in Latin America. It means... Duck you Sucker!!!!

I saw the movie for the first time when I was a kid. Sometimes the movie is also called "Los heroes de Mesa Verde" (The heroes of Mesa Verde)

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2003, 07:51:17 PM »

thanks shorty

KERMIT
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2003, 08:04:18 PM »

favorite scene ? the whole movie.  everything flatens me. fineto.   ennio,  clint, eli ,lee, and sergio..... everyone involved.  cinematography responsible for creating that spinning effect  w/ so many graves show how ideas are born & and expounded upon.

tough act to follow -elvis mitchell

kermit   Grin

Millions in Hand
Chicken Thief

The next Dollars Movie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2003, 12:29:04 PM »

I'm inclined to agree with AussieDave that there are alot of very poignant moments in Leone's films and, in particular, TGTBATU.

I agree with every other poster about the scenes they mentioned ie. the Ecstacy of Gold scene with Tuco running through the cemetary, the dying soldier being offered a cigar, Blondie offering a cigar to Tuco, etc..

But for some reason the one that realy gets to me is at the beginning of the Trio scene where Clint has just written the "name" of the person of the grave and he's moved to his place.

Very cautiously Angel Eyes slowly moves by Tuco, the man he had the crap beaten out of earlier and the eye contact between them..it's a very subtle thing, but I like it.

Of course the music starts and one of the great scenes in western history unfolds.

I was very glad that Leone  used the musical watch again as he had in the gunfight scene in FAFDM...great touch..!!

Nuff said. Close topic, we have a winner. Truly one of the greatest scenes ever captured on film, not just western. I have never seen a moment like that in any film, which brought so much to the table. I have watched that scene easily 20 some odd times, and it still has the same magic as when I first saw it. Truly an amazing scene.

Working on a good quote, check back later.
Tuco, The Ugly
Road Apple

The Ugly

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2003, 01:35:14 PM »

The final shootout, so intense.

I also like when Tuco is running through the graveyard. Mainly because Ecstasy of Gold is playing, my favorite song in any film, ever.

"When you have to shoot -- shoot, don't talk"-Tuco, The Ugly
KERMIT
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2003, 01:58:01 PM »

the three way duell in GB&U.  Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM