Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2024, 02:12:13 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Giu la Testa DVD release
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Giu la Testa DVD release  ( 11784 )
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

« : February 08, 2003, 11:24:57 AM »

Hello everyone. I recently saw at Paris the release of Giu la Testa DVD. It is an italian production and the problem is that italian is the only possible language, so you don't have the original language of the movie, and also there are no subtitles at all, in any language.

I have hesitate longtime if I would buy the dvd or not, and I decided not to buy it finally, but I know there are still some DVD at the FNAC at Paris.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #1 : February 20, 2003, 01:31:04 AM »

I think that all sergio leone's movies are in italien dvds, in italien language, without subtitles. That's what they say to the Fnac.

Jayson Kennedy
Bandido

Le tueur

« #2 : June 23, 2003, 11:56:57 AM »

The 150+ minute 'long' version of the film is coming to DVD in the U.K. via MGM July 21, it has also just passed the BBFC is no cuts!

A FISTFUL OF DYNAMITE
Format: Video (DVD)
Passed: 19/06/2003
Studio: MGM Home Entertainment (Europe) Ltd
Length: 150m 44s
Cut: No
Rating: 15

« : June 23, 2003, 11:57:39 AM Jayson Kennedy »

(one of) moderator: www.dvdaficionado.com
Half-Soldier
Chicken Thief

"Adios, half-soldier"

« #3 : July 11, 2003, 10:26:20 AM »

Hello everyone. I recently saw at Paris the release of Giu la Testa DVD. It is an italian production and the problem is that italian is the only possible language, so you don't have the original language of the movie, and also there are no subtitles at all, in any language.

I have hesitate longtime if I would buy the dvd or not, and I decided not to buy it finally, but I know there are still some DVD at the FNAC at Paris.

This sounds like the version I saw at the NFT when Fraylings book came out. Definately "Gui la Testa" all in Italian with no subtitles (we had a Live interpreter via headphones at the NFT) but a completely restored version. Let's hope "A Fistful of Dynamite" DVD is the same cut in English.

"People with ropes around their necks don't always hang!"
Jon
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

« #4 : July 12, 2003, 09:14:58 AM »

Sadly I think 3+ mins. of the UK DVD is the trailer.so it's not QUITE the full version,will probably the same version shown on UK TV with the end flashback missing.

I've just ordered the Italian DVD which runs 154 mins,and is probably COMPLETELY uncut.I know it is all in Italian but i just want to see the extra footage,I'll by the UK DVD aswell even if it is cut,i like this movie so much.

Half-Soldier
Chicken Thief

"Adios, half-soldier"

« #5 : July 12, 2003, 09:33:39 AM »

I'm sure it's worth it Jon. This film was butured in my opinion, in the English speaking versions I've seen, but the Italian restored print that I saw was a masterpiece. Alot has been restored. Of those that I remember there is the opening slogan about revolution and violence..followed by the pissing on an ant hill, then there was the scene where Coburn bodges an execution and realises he's stuck with Steiger, then the Dead Sons scene restored as it should be with Morricone's music, and of course the final flashback. I hope we do get it in English but anyway, enjoy!

"People with ropes around their necks don't always hang!"
Jayson Kennedy
Bandido

Le tueur

« #6 : July 14, 2003, 08:24:00 AM »

I'm almost completely sure the upcoming MGM U.K. PAL DVD will be the full 154 Minute version, most U.K. sites list 150 minutes but you must take note of PAL frame speed-up, which tends to cut minutes of running times, even if it's identical to the NTSC (which runs slower) version. No noticable 'faster' difference is seen. The upcoming MGM French PAL DVD, identical to the UK DVD in terms of A/V, is reported as being 154 min. uncut. Also MGM tends to make every DVD edition in every country basically the same, unless ratings board rules apply...

Also Blackstar is the first to post the art:

« : July 14, 2003, 08:35:13 AM Jayson Kennedy »

Jon
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

« #7 : July 14, 2003, 08:32:10 AM »

Yeah,but it is still shorter I think than the Italian DVD,this supposedly runs 154 mins and was taken from a version that was 160 mins.Even if the UK DVD ran 150 mins[and i have heard several times that 3+ mins of that is the trailer]it would still be a bit shorter than the Italian version.

I could be completely wrong,so I shall not say anymore until I recieve both DVDs..........

Nobody
Gunslinger

Nobody, but Nobody, knows the trouble he's in!

« #8 : July 14, 2003, 10:26:56 AM »

The artwork from blackstar looks very nice, a lot better than the crappy look of the DVD on www.play.com  
I assume they are sticking with the one shown on blackstar, let's hope so.

"As boys, they said they would die for each other. As men, they did."
Jayson Kennedy
Bandido

Le tueur

« #9 : July 15, 2003, 10:19:01 AM »

The art at play.com is temp, Blackstar had the same art but recently replaced it with the 'real' art shown above :)

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines