Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 03, 2022, 09:46:58 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  West legends in Mount Rushmore?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: West legends in Mount Rushmore?  ( 164 )
CarlossoParis
Road Apple

« : November 18, 2022, 03:02:39 AM »

At the end of the movie, just after Cheyenne dies, Harmonica rises her head and look at the sky. The camera moves up and before  focusing on the train arrival  you can notice that Harmonicas hat perfectly overlaps with the mountain just behind. I think that Harmonicas specific head move is not an accident. I m sure that Leone asked Bronson to rise his head to that precise position because of the mountain (such a move is not at all natural). I guess that Leone want us to know that West legends died but didnt disappear at all. They stay in the landscape of the west like easter island statues (moais). They are legends of the west forverer carved in the stone  like in Mount Rushmore. Maybe Leone thought that west legends deserved that  like great US presidents.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #1 : November 18, 2022, 03:39:16 AM »

At the end of the movie, just after Cheyenne dies, Harmonica rises her head and look at the sky. The camera moves up and before  focusing on the train arrival  you can notice that Harmonicas hat perfectly overlaps with the mountain just behind. I think that Harmonicas specific head move is not an accident. I m sure that Leone asked Bronson to rise his head to that precise position because of the mountain (such a move is not at all natural). I guess that Leone want us to know that West legends died but didnt disappear at all. They stay in the landscape of the west like easter island statues (moais). They are legends of the west forverer carved in the stone  like in Mount Rushmore. Maybe Leone thought that west legends deserved that  like great US presidents.

Interesting thought. thanks

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #2 : November 24, 2022, 07:22:56 AM »

At the end of the movie, just after Cheyenne dies, Harmonica rises her head and look at the sky. The camera moves up and before  focusing on the train arrival  you can notice that Harmonicas hat perfectly overlaps with the mountain just behind. I think that Harmonicas specific head move is not an accident. I m sure that Leone asked Bronson to rise his head to that precise position because of the mountain (such a move is not at all natural). I guess that Leone want us to know that West legends died but didn't disappear at all. They stay in the landscape of the west like easter island statues (moais). They are legends of the west forever carved in the stone  like in Mount Rushmore. Maybe Leone thought that west legends deserved that  like great US presidents.

I don't know about Leone's intent with the mountain here (I need to re-watch that part, or at least see a still photo), but I think Leone did plan ALL movements, like Mortimer tugging at his ear at the end of FDM.

CarlossoParis
Road Apple

« #3 : November 24, 2022, 03:48:30 PM »

The sequence shot is   : 1 Harmonica  loks up at th sky. His  hat move stops at the moment when  the upper edge of the hat is  just parallel with the right ridge of the mountain
 2 the camera stats moving upright and at a certain point we can see only th edge of the hat and the ridge of the mountain
3 . The camera  continues to mount and rotate and we only can see the mountain
4. It continues and we can see the train arriving to  Clearwater station.
Another disturbing detail : on the peak of the mountain there is like a notch and the front tip of the hat is damaged by a hole that also makes a notch!!!!
 I took a pict  but idk how to post it here, too bad!

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #4 : November 24, 2022, 04:33:32 PM »

The sequence shot is   : 1 Harmonica  loks up at th sky. His  hat move stops at the moment when  the upper edge of the hat is  just parallel with the right ridge of the mountain
 2 the camera stats moving upright and at a certain point we can see only th edge of the hat and the ridge of the mountain
3 . The camera  continues to mount and rotate and we only can see the mountain
4. It continues and we can see the train arriving to  Clearwater station.
Another disturbing detail : on the peak of the mountain there is like a notch and the front tip of the hat is damaged by a hole that also makes a notch!!!!
 I took a pict  but idk how to post it here, too bad!

Post the pic to imgur then copy that url and put it between img /img - but with [ ] [ ] around the img & /img

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines