Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:07:47 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  OUATITW in 4K
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: OUATITW in 4K  ( 2142 )
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #15 : February 25, 2024, 04:05:15 PM »

You want at a minimum a 60" screen for maximum enjoyment (the maximum enjoyment of you guests, of course).

yea all of your SLWB guests....

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #16 : February 25, 2024, 10:43:39 PM »

SLWB party anytime  :)

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #17 : February 29, 2024, 07:55:35 PM »

The most recent blu-ray is so good that this might only be worth it for people who care for 4k. An alternate cut without the rising scene would be good though.

Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #18 : February 29, 2024, 07:57:36 PM »

Merge please:

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=14215.msg207683#msg207683

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #19 : March 01, 2024, 06:07:29 AM »

Merge please:

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=14215.msg207683#msg207683

done.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #20 : March 06, 2024, 09:22:11 AM »

NEW Audio Commentary by the Hosts of the Spaghetti Western Podcast -- does not seem too interesting

they are also having the old commentary which is pretty shitty cuz it's a compilation of bits and pieces from a bunch of people, some better than others. They should have Frayling record a fresh solo commentary for OUATITW as he did for all Leone Westerns

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #21 : March 21, 2024, 07:42:12 AM »

You want at a minimum a 60" screen for maximum enjoyment (the maximum enjoyment of you guests, of course).

I just ordered this 65"
https://tinyurl.com/y7fzxe4e

I did not get the OLED ? those prices are crazy. I'm sure they'll come down eventually

Scheduled to arrive Monday

I was debating between the 75" and 65" -- price was not an issue ($998 vs. $748) but my friend has the 75" (and his living room's couch-to-tv distance is roughly the same as mine) and I find it a bit too big, like I can't see everything at once. He told me he felt the same way at first but got used to it. Anyway, I didn't love it, and Mrs. Baltimore and I decided 65" would probably be best.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #22 : March 21, 2024, 07:52:00 AM »

There are guidelines for HDTV sizes v. viewing distance.  My TV room is my old living room which was rarely used, and is a rectangle and the viewing distance is across the shorter dimension.  So in 2004 I bought a 47" 1080i rear projection Samsung unit, chose that because the screen was not reflective, didn't want to see myself in the screen; cost was $1400 as had a $100 off coupon.

A retired doctor friend bought a house, and replaced its wall-mounted 55 or 57" flat screen TV with a larger one, and offered me the existing unit. I transported that 100 miles to Phoenix, bought a stand and small external speakers for it (previous owner used a sound bar and hadn't retained the stand or the speakers) so that's what I have.  I gave away the 47" Samsung, which of course did not have digital tuning so that needed cable or satellite or a converter box. Even for free, very little interest in that although having its large built-in speakers underneath the 47" screen, had very good sound.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #23 : March 21, 2024, 08:33:36 AM »

There are guidelines for HDTV sizes v. viewing distance.  My TV room is my old living room which was rarely used, and is a rectangle and the viewing distance is across the shorter dimension.  So in 2004 I bought a 47" 1080i rear projection Samsung unit, chose that because the screen was not reflective, didn't want to see myself in the screen; cost was $1400 as had a $100 off coupon.

A retired doctor friend bought a house, and replaced its wall-mounted 55 or 57" flat screen TV with a larger one, and offered me the existing unit. I transported that 100 miles to Phoenix, bought a stand and small external speakers for it (previous owner used a sound bar and hadn't retained the stand or the speakers) so that's what I have.  I gave away the 47" Samsung, which of course did not have digital tuning so that needed cable or satellite or a converter box. Even for free, very little interest in that although having its large built-in speakers underneath the 47" screen, had very good sound.

my viewing distance is 11 feet. The 75" TV just felt a bit too big. I'm going with 65".

Interesting thing, you mentioned about the soundbar: My current TV in the bedroom is a 42" Samsung. I got an LG soundbar to connect it to. But there was a really bad delay ? you always saw the lips moving before hearing the sound. Drove me nuts. I tried every trick I could find online and nothing worked.

Anyway, then I got a Samsung soundbar ? and everything magically synced perfectly! I guess the Samsung soundbar with Samsung TV was a better sync than the LG soundbar with Samsung TV!

My new TV arriving Monday is a Hisense. Pretty highly rated for a non-OLED. I hope it will work fine with that LG soundbar I still have. If not, maybe I'll have to get a Hisense soundbar.

I yearn for the good old days of the AUX speaker. Everything simple, no complications or delays, and the sound was just as good.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #24 : March 21, 2024, 01:20:35 PM »

But . . . . . . . . have you pre-ordered the OUATITW 4K UHD disc yet?????????

Also, when are your viewing party invitations going out?

Amidst that hardware orgy you're curating, don't forget the most essential things!

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #25 : March 22, 2024, 07:13:29 AM »

my viewing distance is 11 feet. The 75" TV just felt a bit too big. I'm going with 65".
My viewing distance in more like 8-9 feet.

I gave the soundbar to my daughter, didn't want yet another remote control just for volume.  So I bought a pair of bookshelf speakers at the local Best Buy (about $30) and they plugged in just as the factory-supplied speakers would have.  Funny, because when I set it up originally, there was no sound at all, had no idea that it came with thin factory speakers which the original owner had discarded. And I had to order universal "feet" for it as I cannot wall mount because it's in front of a big window, sits on a cabinet, which I also had to buy (the projection TV was on its own wheels).

So with "free TV" I had to buy a cabinet (which I like), speakers, and feet to hold it on the cabinet.

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines