Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2024, 11:25:04 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rattle Snake Grips
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Rattle Snake Grips  ( 4658 )
pablo113
Bandido

"No, no water"

« : July 17, 2008, 09:33:46 AM »

Anyone know if the Rattle Snake grips that Eastwood had on his gun were on both sides of the gun or just on 1 side?

Pablo

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #1 : July 17, 2008, 09:51:46 AM »

I'll check the Rawhide episode when I can.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #2 : July 17, 2008, 04:21:04 PM »

Both sides!

But they are not identical the left side grip snake inlay shows what looks like the screw head just above the coil in the spot it should be. The screw is just on one side it holds the two grips together.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
pablo113
Bandido

"No, no water"

« #3 : July 21, 2008, 08:20:08 PM »

So they are on both sides?

Pablo

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #4 : July 22, 2008, 04:27:51 AM »

The screen cap pictures show both sides yea.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #5 : March 05, 2022, 03:33:57 PM »

I'm not sure that this thread is the "best" one for me to add this information.

The rattlesnake revolver makes its appearance in Rawhide episode "Incident at Alabaster Plain".  Bandit/gunfighter Ward Mastic (Mark Richman) has this revolver, refers to it three times in the episode, first time teasing Rowdy (Eastwood) to look out for the snake as they face each other, then says the snake " is oiled and packed in leather" and a close up of it shown in Mastic's holster.

Later, Mastic shows the rattlesnake grip to his stepfather, showing him the rattlesnake on both sides.

"Incident at Alabaster Plain" is the second episode of the first season of Rawhide. It aired on 16 January 1959. The silver inlaid snake grips adorn both sides of the traditional walnut grip. Rowdy Yates has the gun in the finale and he hands it to Pete Nolan played by Sheb Wooley.   Eastwood had purchased the gun from the production company and owns it to this day. In The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966), the snake grips are seen on a different gun, the 1851 Navy Colt.
http://tommcnulty.blogspot.com/2019/08/the-man-with-no-names-snake-grip-colt.html

RO1996
Road Apple

« #6 : March 09, 2022, 04:21:20 AM »

They look fantastic. From what we can see it's both sides. I always liked this look, so I've also got my gun with these snake grips. Wanted these from the very beginning  8)

wedgepacified
Road Apple

« #7 : January 30, 2023, 08:34:31 PM »

They seem amazing. We can tell that both sides are involved. I have a pistol with these snake-inspired grips since I've always enjoyed the way it looks.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines