Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 31, 2023, 11:45:30 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Man With No Name Comic Books
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Man With No Name Comic Books  ( 107 )
titoli
Bounty Killer

« : January 23, 2023, 01:23:57 AM »

This was a series of 11 issues published in 2008-9 by Dynamite. I bought the first 4 and I doubt I will buy more. The story hints at GBU but it has got nothigng to do with that plot. Apart from the title character (who has not the Eastwood features but wears the poncho) only Father Ramirez appears (in a relevant role) in the story (which is about a loot stolen from the army). The drawing is rather rough, the story so so and you have only 22 pages of the story per issue plus 10 of ads. 5/10 There is also another series called GBU which superseded this one but has apparently nothing to do with the movie.

Jenko Morningstar
Chicken Thief

Sergio Leone & Comic Book Fan

« #1 : January 23, 2023, 11:06:44 AM »

Yeah I recently checked it out. I love the writer but it's wasn't so much of my liking, specially the coloring, I don't think they translate the whole Western esthetic very well, it ends up looking a bit dull and too Brown/yellow

« : January 23, 2023, 01:10:15 PM Jenko Morningstar »
fitteramphora
Road Apple

« #2 : Yesterday at 08:41:25 PM »

I did indeed go and have a look at it just lately. Despite my adoration for the author, I found this to be really unappealing. The coloring, in particular, seemed flat and too brown/yellow for my taste and completely ruined the otherwise excellent writing.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines