Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 06:26:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Which version to get?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which version to get?  (Read 3253 times)
leonefan
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2004, 11:18:08 PM »

OK I'm going nuts I need to see this film right away, I can't wait any longer for MGM to decide when they're gonna release it.  So, which version do you guys recommend?  I'm looking at either the UK Region 2 or the Korean 2-disc version.  Which has better picture quality and so forth because I don't think the Korean one is anamorphic.  Anyone who has these can you please chime in.  Also if you can recommend a reputable place where I can order either one from that would be nice.  The only place I've found so far is http://www.xploitedcinema.com/dvds/dvds.asp?title=1164.

DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 01:53:54 AM »

the R2 version is pretty good quality but it doesnt have the final flashback. However, its as good as ur gonna get i think, its pretty complete. you dont feel ur being robbed of leone's vision.

Try amazon.co.uk if u dont mind paying in sterling.

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 10:20:26 AM »

I have the korean two disc version and i highly recomend it... the quality is good enough... I don't have anything to compare it to but it seems fine to me... also with a quick switch of the disk you have the final flashback... and since there are no words after that point it doesn't even seem like your watching an italian version... i would recomend this version simply because of the beauty of the final flashback... and the quality is fine.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
leonefan
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 02:47:56 PM »

grandpa_chum, is the Korean version censored in any way?  Also, where did you get it from? Thx.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 02:59:00 PM by leonefan » Logged
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 10:29:52 PM »

not sure what you mean by sensored, but no i don't think so... everything that is there is there at full force... can't say that it is absolutely complete because i have nothing to compare it to but as far as i've seen no... i believe i caught it on ebay.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
leonefan
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 11:19:50 PM »

I read somewhere that some movies are subject to government censorship in Korea so I thought they might have censored some parts, but I guess they haven't.

BTW anyone ever order from www.xploitedcinema.com?  Are they reliable and trustworthy?

leonefan
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2004, 01:53:13 AM »

I got the Korean 2-disc from xploitedcinema.com.  I must say this is such an awesome movie, everything about it is top notch from the acting to the music and of course the directing.  Wink  

BTW xploitedcinema.com is awesome.  They have really good service and their shipping is on time and well packaged.  The DVD was in perfect condition.  

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM