Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2018, 08:28:17 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Which version to get?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Which version to get?  ( 3641 )
leonefan
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

« : September 06, 2004, 10:18:08 PM »

OK I'm going nuts I need to see this film right away, I can't wait any longer for MGM to decide when they're gonna release it.  So, which version do you guys recommend?  I'm looking at either the UK Region 2 or the Korean 2-disc version.  Which has better picture quality and so forth because I don't think the Korean one is anamorphic.  Anyone who has these can you please chime in.  Also if you can recommend a reputable place where I can order either one from that would be nice.  The only place I've found so far is http://www.xploitedcinema.com/dvds/dvds.asp?title=1164.

DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

« #1 : September 07, 2004, 12:53:54 AM »

the R2 version is pretty good quality but it doesnt have the final flashback. However, its as good as ur gonna get i think, its pretty complete. you dont feel ur being robbed of leone's vision.

Try amazon.co.uk if u dont mind paying in sterling.

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

« #2 : September 07, 2004, 09:20:26 AM »

I have the korean two disc version and i highly recomend it... the quality is good enough... I don't have anything to compare it to but it seems fine to me... also with a quick switch of the disk you have the final flashback... and since there are no words after that point it doesn't even seem like your watching an italian version... i would recomend this version simply because of the beauty of the final flashback... and the quality is fine.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
leonefan
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

« #3 : September 07, 2004, 01:47:56 PM »

grandpa_chum, is the Korean version censored in any way?  Also, where did you get it from? Thx.

« : September 07, 2004, 01:59:00 PM leonefan »
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

« #4 : September 07, 2004, 09:29:52 PM »

not sure what you mean by sensored, but no i don't think so... everything that is there is there at full force... can't say that it is absolutely complete because i have nothing to compare it to but as far as i've seen no... i believe i caught it on ebay.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
leonefan
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

« #5 : September 07, 2004, 10:19:50 PM »

I read somewhere that some movies are subject to government censorship in Korea so I thought they might have censored some parts, but I guess they haven't.

BTW anyone ever order from www.xploitedcinema.com?  Are they reliable and trustworthy?

leonefan
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

« #6 : September 16, 2004, 12:53:13 AM »

I got the Korean 2-disc from xploitedcinema.com.  I must say this is such an awesome movie, everything about it is top notch from the acting to the music and of course the directing.  ;)  

BTW xploitedcinema.com is awesome.  They have really good service and their shipping is on time and well packaged.  The DVD was in perfect condition.  

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines