Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2018, 02:32:11 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Red Dead Redemption 2 Video Game...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2 Video Game...  (Read 416 times)
Moorman
Gunslinger

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2017, 10:23:04 AM »

As a videogamer, one of my alltime favorite video games is the original, Red Dead Redemption, released back in 2010. It became one of the best selling video games of alltime.  For those interested, Red Dead Redemption 2 is releasing in the Fall of this year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dead_Redemption_2

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 10:39:04 AM »

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

I never played Red Dead, I absolutely loved RD Redemption and cannot wait for RDR2.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 10:56:32 AM »

I'm not a huge gamer (though I love Zelda and occasionally some multiplayer Mario games), but RDR is one game I've always wanted to play.

Moorman
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 05:24:01 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmA6MrX81z4

T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 06:01:54 PM »

I'm not a huge gamer (though I love Zelda and occasionally some multiplayer Mario games), but RDR is one game I've always wanted to play.

You need to get on that pronto. It's one of the greatest video games ever made and a must play for any western fan that at least has a passing interest in the medium.

You also need to play LA Noire too, if you haven't. That game is revealing itself to be something really special as time passes.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 03:29:33 AM »

You also need to play LA Noire too, if you haven't. That game is revealing itself to be something really special as time passes.

How special? Most people I know have told me that it's kind of boring/repetitive and that the whole "try to detect the lies" thing isn't that well executed.
I'm sincerely curious because I was really intrigued and excited by that game.

www.ThibautOskian.com
T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 09:21:33 AM »

How special? Most people I know have told me that it's kind of boring/repetitive and that the whole "try to detect the lies" thing isn't that well executed.
I'm sincerely curious because I was really intrigued and excited by that game.

I don't want to toss extreme praise at the game because it feels like it was specifically tailor made for me.  But I will say that if you enjoy adventure/detective games and don't mind that the GTA aspects of this title are almost barren, you might enjoy the game as much as I do.

I love the interrogation portion of the game and I enjoyed it much more the second time I played it. It's not perfect, but in no way is it flawed to a point where it doesn't keep your interest or confuse you. It takes a little time to get used to but it's a lot of fun.

Visually, the game never gets old because you can switch between Black and White mode (which I recommend turning the contrast all the way up and the darkness setting down some) and the normal color mode, which also has options to alter the look. That really made the game more enjoyable the second time around.

The nice thing is that if you get tired of driving around from location to location you can use fast travel where your partner drives the car. Even though this game is not like a GTA game, it is fun to sometimes cruise around the game's version of 1947 LA which is relatively accurate. The attention to detail will impress you. There are also random crimes you can choose to respond to.

The biggest flaw of the game is that the cases later on get interrupted by the main story, which is frustrating. The game works much better when each case was separate because the gameplay elements are so strong and well done. The crimes are mostly based on real events that occurred in LA around that time, so if you're a James Ellory fan or just have an interest or morbid curiosity when it comes to old Hollywood crime, you need to play the game.

I think the problem with the game is that people expected GTA 1940s with adventure gaming elements and instead they got an amazing Adventure/Detective game with some open world elements sprinkled in. Also, people really like picking on games/movies/etc that are very ambitious that have troubled productions. No matter what, this game was going to have some negative feedback, especially after all of the Team Bondi drama with their employees being overworked and what have you.

There are also tons of Mad Men actors cast in roles in this game, so as a fan of that show, you will find extra enjoyment seeing many actors from that show.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:41:22 AM by T.H. » Logged

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 06:52:40 AM »

Cool, thanks.

I'm currently working on some kind of interactive movie (live action, but the viewer/protagonist can interact a bit with characters and situation) and there may be things to steal from this game in the interrogatories scenes and gameplay. I'll check it out.

www.ThibautOskian.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM