Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:06:36 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Al este del oeste (1984)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Al este del oeste (1984)  ( 75 )
titoli
Bounty Killer

« : May 12, 2024, 08:02:39 AM »

Giusti, who hasn't watched it but, as Garfield, writes as he did, affirms that this is a spoof of SW (yeah, at a point Esteso briefly whistles the GBU theme). It isn't. Or, if we want to consider it a spoof, then it is not centered on SW but on  western generally. Of course Giusti has seen in the credits the names of two SW stalwarts like Sancho and Jose Manuel Martin and deducted wrongly the SW relation. But the final scene, with Esteso (another comedian malgre' lui) dressed all in white and shouting: "Hi Silver" to his white horse reflects a different parentage. the simple truth is that the director Ozores specialized in sexy comedies, with some display of T&A, and this came out. And I can't say this is so bad, not much because of the scarcely apparent comic gifts of Esteso, but of other actors like Ozores (a relative of the director?) and especially Navarro (even though just looking at Sancho makes me smile). Some good visual comic scenes like the whisky glass thrown at each other by Esteso and Ozores or the tricks at the end with the disguised weapons under a plastered arm or leg and the nudes make me give it a 5-6/10.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines