Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2018, 09:05:29 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Sergio Leone on Sky channel
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Sergio Leone on Sky channel  ( 2441 )
Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

« : September 02, 2006, 12:15:52 PM »

On the italian Sky Channel they will screen a tribute to Sergio Leone. According to the info, there will be a restored version (by Sky!!) of FFDM which will be screened in HD. This restored version will also be screened at the Venice Film Festival (which is going on at the moment) as a tribute to SL.
Here is the schedule on Sky Cinema Classic on channel 315:
Sept. 9 at 21.00 hrs: FOD
Sept. 10 at 21.00 hrs: FFDM in High Defin.
Sept. 11 at 21.00 hrs.: GBU
Sept. 12 at 21.00 hrs.: DYS
Sept. 13 at 21.00 hrs.: OUTIW

Additionally, they will screen two documentaries about SL:
Sept. 4 at 19.50: "I sogni nel mirino" Interviews, super 8 footage, drawings etc all about SL.
Sept. 5 20.00 hrs.: "I western di Sergio Leone" Interviews with SL, Ennio Morricone and Tonino Delli Colli.
For those of you residing in Italy or who happen to be on holiday here, the two documentaries sound particularly interesting. I'm trying to figure out how to record from Sky Channel to VHS (I do not own a DVD recorder) which apparently is not that easy:
Message for Titoli: ammesso che Tu abbia Sky, hai mai provato a registrare su VHS direttamente da Sky?? Se sė, fammi sapere come si fa, grazie. Comunque secondo me vale la pena di vedere i documentari!

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #1 : September 02, 2006, 08:12:03 PM »

thanks for the info.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #2 : September 03, 2006, 08:44:05 AM »

Leonardo, why do you use italian to speak with me? I don't have Satellite TV, So I can't answer you about recording to vhs. But I can't see why it should be a problem. Anyway, the first documentary was included in the Leone package of 5 western and I presume both it and the second are bound to surface on the mule. I hope FOD and FFDM are the uncut versions.

Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

« #3 : September 03, 2006, 11:50:08 AM »

Leonardo, why do you use italian to speak with me? I don't have Satellite TV, So I can't answer you about recording to vhs. But I can't see why it should be a problem. Anyway, the first documentary was included in the Leone package of 5 western and I presume both it and the second are bound to surface on the mule. I hope FOD and FFDM are the uncut versions.
Sorry Titoli for using italian. Just thought that since this message was of no interest to people residing outside Italy, I could do it in italian.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure these will all be uncut versions; unfortunately I do not own the High Definition decoder so I wont be able to watch the restored version of FFDM in HD. Incidentally, apart from the restored version of FFDM in HD at the film festival, there will be a world premiere of Giulio Reale's documentary about Leone called "The way I see things".

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines