Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 09, 2023, 01:36:52 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Japanese DYS DVD Release
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Japanese DYS DVD Release  ( 3306 )
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

I have Something to Do with Death . . . So do you.

« : December 10, 2004, 11:23:39 PM »

I just went to amazon.co.jp and searched Gui la Testa and got a page that seems to indicate that FOD/DYS will be coming out on DVD in Japan (yet again) on December 23. This is not a special edition but it does seem to have an image enhanced for 16x9. The running time is listed at 153 minutes. Not sure if this will be the same transfer we will get on our US editions in summer 2005. For those of us who are having trouble waiting another 6 months, though, this release is a godsend. Interestingly, the audio seems to be a choice of English or Japanese, but not Italian.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Concorde
Gunslinger

"Finally, I believe ONLY in dynamite...."

« #1 : December 11, 2004, 08:56:57 AM »

I saw that! The listing even said it was a Region 1 disc, playable in the U.S.   ???  ???  ???

I just got in touch with my contact at MGM here in the U.S., and he says the American disc will run longer than 153 minutes, although there's some confusion over this issue due to "compression" in converting the image from one format to another, which changes the running time slightly but does not affect the actual content.

My advice is, if you need a version of DUCK YOU SUCKER that's playable on an American DVD machine, just wait for the extras-packed Special Edition that will be out legitimately in the U.S. next year. It will be well worth it, I'm sure.  ;D

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines