Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 07:44:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  TITLE
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TITLE  (Read 7505 times)
iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2004, 02:56:34 AM »

Just to say I think Duck you Sucker as a title ...SUCKS

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 05:42:57 AM »

i agree my friend but thats leone's command of the english language for you he thought it was a common american expression

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 11:42:05 AM »

me too, i would like the special edition to come out as once upon a time ... it would look like 2 trilogys then.

That could just be cannon fire.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 04:30:38 PM »

me too, i would like the special edition to come out as once upon a time ... it would look like 2 trilogys then.
Sorry, MGM in its infinite wisdom has decided that a better trilogy would be FOD/FAFDM/FOD.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 09:27:33 AM »

I dunno... i prefer OUATTR... but duck you sucker is definitly better than fistful of dynamite... which i'm surprised isn't the title they are putting it with the other fistful movie.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 06:40:45 AM »

maybe we should contact MGM and tell them NOT to call it fistful of dyn. A friend of mine who was brought up in France only knows it as Once upon a time..the revolution. Because thats what they called it there. Once upon a time or duck you sucker are better than Fistful.

That could just be cannon fire.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 04:13:20 PM »

I think because they are marketing it with the two real "dollar" films they want to tie it into the package. The big enchilada is the dinero the money. I suppose they could of put it all in a "Once Upon a Time" Package too, and they probably will eventually, lol.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Nobody
Gunslinger

Nobody, but Nobody, knows the trouble he's in!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 11:24:04 AM »

I've always thought that Duck You Sucker sounds like the title of a silly comedy, and that it's totally wrong for the film. Fistful Of Dynamite is better, but not much. It should be released as Once Upon A Time...The Revolution.

"As boys, they said they would die for each other. As men, they did."
John Baldwin
Gunslinger

Do you recognize this string ???

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2004, 03:29:38 PM »

In France, the original title is "Once upon a time...the Revolution", so the mistake doessn't exist. Nobody in France knows the other titles (the non Leone fan of course!!!).

Le monde se divise en deux catégories: ceux qui ont un revolver chargé, et ceux qui creusent; toi tu creuses...
redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2004, 10:43:38 AM »

I think the best title for it in the first place would have been Once Upon a Time in Mexico. That "... the revolution" looks a bit odd and still doesn't really fit with the other OUT films which based on places.

Plus it really pisses me off Robert Rodriguez called his 3rd Mariachi film OUAT in Mexico. I haven't seen it, but it's supposed to be worse than desperado, and I thought that was a crock of shit.

How come so few non-Leone "Once upon a time..." flims never live up to the standard of the original OUT trilogy? OUT in China is the only one I've seen that I like.

It's class.
The clint
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2004, 11:37:10 AM »

The three films will never come out in a box set, because they all have different distributors.

...West has Paramound
...Dynamite has MGM/UA
...America has Warner

A fistful of dyanmite was invented by MGM in an attempt to cash in after the film had Bombed under the title Duck, You Sucker. Once upon a time... the revolution was invented by the French, Song of the dead (Todesmelodie) is the title in Germany. I prefer Dynamite as it really is the film in a nutshell, even if the pun is a little corny

Biondo
Chicken Thief

Giů la testa coglione!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2005, 09:46:22 AM »

every film should be titled in its original language!  often, every attempt to change a title, so it sounds good for the audience, SUCKS!    for instance, italian distributor titled "Citizen Kane" by O. Welles as "Quarto Potere" ...if I try to translate it''s like "fourth power"   Shocked

Tim
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2005, 07:39:41 PM »

Duck, You Sucker isn't the right title for the movie, I prefer OUATITR, but I love when Coburn says it in the movie for the first time.

That big grin and then Steiger realizing what is going on.  Great stuff.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2005, 02:47:37 PM »

The three films will never come out in a box set, because they all have different distributors.

...West has Paramound
...Dynamite has MGM/UA
...America has Warner

You are right.....until some mega conglomerate buys up all three, lol.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2005, 04:29:48 PM »

Just to say I think Duck you Sucker as a title ...SUCKS

It could have been worse. Leone may have convinced himself that SUCK YOU DUCKER was a common expression on the lips of every English speaker.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM