Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 02:45:28 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  TITLE
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TITLE  (Read 7646 times)
Christopher
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2005, 12:04:35 PM »

If they wanted to present it like another "trilogy," I could see going with Once Upon a Time [in] the Revolution (what's up with the ellipses?). Plus, in some ways it did remind me of Once Upon a Time in the West.

But I like the title Duck You Sucker, if for no other reason than the fact that it's dialogue from the movie. I don't care if Leone thought it was a common English expression, it IS common enough in the movie.

The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2005, 07:44:42 AM »

It could have been worse. Leone may have convinced himself that SUCK YOU DUCKER was a common expression on the lips of every English speaker.

hideous thought ... dont know about revolution but that sounds definitely X rated. Grin

« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 07:47:26 AM by The Smoker » Logged

Dlanor
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2005, 11:45:15 AM »

Giu la testa! Cool

roberti
Bandido

Jamais personne ne t'aimera comme je t'aime

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2005, 01:05:12 PM »

I've always thought that Duck You Sucker sounds like the title of a silly comedy, and that it's totally wrong for the film. Fistful Of Dynamite is better, but not much. It should be released as Once Upon A Time...The Revolution.

I totally agree with Leone admirer and others who think that duck you sucker and giu la testa are not very good titles, may be a fistful of dynamite could be ok but as a purist I prefer once upon a time the revolution: more noble

Ton nombril est une belle coupe arrondie ou jamais le vin ne manque, ton ventre est une vallee de ble entouree de lys, tes seins sont des grappes de raisin mur, ta bouche a la douceur de la pomme.
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2005, 02:32:38 PM »

This has already been argued to death over the last couple of months and in the final poll Duck You Sucker has come out as a clear winner closely followed by Gui La Testa and a fair title would be Duck You Sucker/Gui La Testa-even though i'd like it to remain as it is!

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM