Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 06:53:32 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  GBU timeline
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GBU timeline  (Read 1593 times)
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2005, 05:58:59 PM »

Anybody have a good feel for GBU timeline?  Off the top of my head all I can remember is Al Muloch telling Tuco that he''s had nine months to learn how to shoot with his left arm.  For example, how much time after Tuco jumping out the window and being apprehended by the three bounty hunters, maybe a few weeks until the second "hanging", guess a few weeks or so for Tuco and his three buddies to find Blondie at the hotel.  Maybe another few weeks of Tuco tracking down Blondie after the cannon shot explodes the hotel room, maybe a month or two to recover at the monastery, several weeks until captured by the Union army, maybe a few weeks at Betterville prison before getting out, another few weeks maybe to reach the bombed-out town, a few weeks more to get to the bridge.  To me, they get to the cemetery the day after the bridge blows up, it''s right there.  Anybody have a better timeline?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 10:46:06 PM »

That sounds pretty good, I''d say they get to the cemetery two or three hours after they cross the river the morning after the bridge blows, since they are dry by the time they get to the burned out chapel.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Blueberry
Gunslinger

I've been to Sugar Town and I shook the sugar down

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 05:37:38 AM »

They are not at the monastery for that long. Tuco''s brother is away when they arrive, and has just come back when they are leaving. I think they are there for two weeks, at the most.

Anyway - Al''s remark about all the months has always bothered me, as I don''t feel the movie spans over that long - but is it really 9 months? I seem to remember it''s less...

I think the movie is sort of moving in its own time and pace.. there are no markers except for that remark by Muloch, and that''s why it bothers me. They seem to be quite efficient and determined, Blondie and Tuco: "I kill''em all, then we go", they blow the bridge a few hours after arriving at the frontline. They dont hesitate, they act. That''s why it seems too long for me.

Unfortunately I can''t argue with what Muloch says, but I''d say the movie takes place within a couple of months, tops. So I''ll just say: Muloch''s character got it wrong, he learned how to shoot with his other hand sooner than he thought, and he had a confused perception of time...

KERMIT
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 12:24:09 PM »

blueberry/  he had a confused perception of time...
kermit /  al also talked too much.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM