Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 10:45:20 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Hellbenders aka I crudeli (1967)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
: Hellbenders aka I crudeli (1967)  ( 69383 )
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #105 : April 02, 2007, 07:09:33 AM »

Morricone's score is average, nothing that memorable, not bad but not outstanding either.

Haven't heard the entire score, or seen the film either (i've got a copy of the former english vhs release so I postponed watching it) but the main theme is outstanding. BTW, It was used in the late '60's for a commercial here in Italy, maybe biscuits.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #106 : April 02, 2007, 08:40:38 AM »

The Anchor Bay print is not pristine and its a bit dark in spotsm but its woth it.

I like the VHS cover art which is sort of not related to the film the Anchor Bay cover is more of a Newspaper add cover below:

Here is the old VHS cover:

« : April 02, 2007, 08:43:44 AM cigar joe »

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #107 : April 02, 2007, 08:48:55 AM »

The Anchor Bay print is not pristine and its a bit dark in spotsm but its woth it.

Good. I'll be sticking with my Japanese disc then.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #108 : April 02, 2007, 09:46:31 AM »

Does the J-disc have both English and Italian dubs? Apparently the R1 has English only...

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #109 : April 02, 2007, 11:25:10 AM »

Does the J-disc have both English and Italian dubs? Apparently the R1 has English only...

I thought you didn't like italian westerns Dave?

When I arrive at my house later tonight I will check for you.

To my knowledge, it's only english with optional Japanese subtitles.

But it has more special features than the AB disc.

Three Gemma western trailers including the hellbenders trailer.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

« #110 : April 02, 2007, 03:32:40 PM »

The J-Disc has English and Italian audio, but only Japanese subs.

I agree, the main theme of this film is outstanding.  I haven't heard any other spaghetti theme song like it.

FC says the J-Disc has three Giuliano Gemma trailers? ???   I can only remember it having three trailers: The Great Silence, The Hellbenders, and some other one (Any Gun Can Play, maybe?).  I'm gonna check right now.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

« #111 : April 02, 2007, 03:45:13 PM »

Ok, I just checked:

The J-Disc has three special features.  It has a pretty darn good poster / still gallery, a trailer for The Hellbenders, and a trailer for The Great Silence.

And I also noticed something very strange about The Great Silence trailer. It seems like some of the scenes are different, because the dialogue is different.  Or maybe they just dubbed in different dialogue.

**SPOILERS FOR THE GREAT SILENCE**

For instance, when the old woman is begging Silence to avenge her son's death, she says "Please, stranger! Do what I implore of you! Maybe then other's can avoid a death like my son's!"

I think they dubbed in different dialogue here because her back is to the camera when she says it, making it easily possible to dub it a different speech.  You see, in the actual film that shot is just part of an extremely long speech that goes some thing like, "You're the one who fights against injustice, and in the innocent! My son was innocent two!  You see, two bounty killers shot him down.  Don't say no, and do what I implore of you, all I have to offer for the death of that man is my son's horse!" (Note, I didn't know the exact dialogue, so the speech in the actual film might be quite different than this, but this is all that i can remember it being).

And also, when Frank Wolff finds out Silence is mute in the trailer he says, "Well, I'll be.  You could've told me he was a mute." then he turns to the lady and says, "Well, ma'am, I came here on account of an investigation I'm conducting.  Well... Do you know who the killer is?"  This line doesn't actually even past the sniff test of actually being in the film, because at this point Frank Wolff isn't coming around to ask the Lady about who killed her husband (Loco killed her husband for the bounty, everybody knows it) he wants to know if its true that she buried the body, thus making it a harder process for Loco to claim the bounty.

But I distinctly remember that Frank Wolff says something completely different at this part.  He says one of my favorite lines in the film to silence, "Well you could've at least told me."  And then he pauses and says,  "or at least... y'know, let me know, y'know what I mean."  Then he continues to question that one lady, "Well, I came on account of an investigation... They say that you... buried your husband... I mean... After he got himself shot by a bounty hunter, y'know what i mean?"   Also, in this scene the camera angle shifts many times, whereas in the trailer it stays on one angle the whole time.

« : April 02, 2007, 06:37:43 PM Silenzio »
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #112 : April 02, 2007, 06:25:51 PM »

FC says the J-Disc has three Giuliano Gemma trailers? ???   I can only remember it having three trailers: The Great Silence, The Hellbenders, and some other one (Any Gun Can Play, maybe?).  I'm gonna check right now.

your right. I was confusing myself with my "One after another" (Stars Richard Harrison. Saw it a few nights ago. Good stuff! O0) Japanese disc.

« : April 02, 2007, 06:37:03 PM The Firecracker »

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #113 : April 03, 2007, 08:45:50 AM »

I thought you didn't like italian westerns Dave?

True, but those Morricone soundtracks are always worth having. Thanks for the info (you too, Silenzio).

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

« #114 : April 03, 2007, 12:38:33 PM »

Ok, I just checked:

The J-Disc has three special features.  It has a pretty darn good poster / still gallery, a trailer for The Hellbenders, and a trailer for The Great Silence.

And I also noticed something very strange about The Great Silence trailer. It seems like some of the scenes are different, because the dialogue is different.  Or maybe they just dubbed in different dialogue.

**SPOILERS FOR THE GREAT SILENCE**

For instance, when the old woman is begging Silence to avenge her son's death, she says "Please, stranger! Do what I implore of you! Maybe then other's can avoid a death like my son's!"

I think they dubbed in different dialogue here because her back is to the camera when she says it, making it easily possible to dub it a different speech.  You see, in the actual film that shot is just part of an extremely long speech that goes some thing like, "You're the one who fights against injustice, and in the innocent! My son was innocent two!  You see, two bounty killers shot him down.  Don't say no, and do what I implore of you, all I have to offer for the death of that man is my son's horse!" (Note, I didn't know the exact dialogue, so the speech in the actual film might be quite different than this, but this is all that i can remember it being).

And also, when Frank Wolff finds out Silence is mute in the trailer he says, "Well, I'll be.  You could've told me he was a mute." then he turns to the lady and says, "Well, ma'am, I came here on account of an investigation I'm conducting.  Well... Do you know who the killer is?"  This line doesn't actually even past the sniff test of actually being in the film, because at this point Frank Wolff isn't coming around to ask the Lady about who killed her husband (Loco killed her husband for the bounty, everybody knows it) he wants to know if its true that she buried the body, thus making it a harder process for Loco to claim the bounty.

But I distinctly remember that Frank Wolff says something completely different at this part.  He says one of my favorite lines in the film to silence, "Well you could've at least told me."  And then he pauses and says,  "or at least... y'know, let me know, y'know what I mean."  Then he continues to question that one lady, "Well, I came on account of an investigation... They say that you... buried your husband... I mean... After he got himself shot by a bounty hunter, y'know what i mean?"   Also, in this scene the camera angle shifts many times, whereas in the trailer it stays on one angle the whole time.

I've seen that a lot in other trailers for other movies, too. Usually, these snippets are alternate takes used for promotional purposes. I've seen it in many older films but I can't recall a newer production where the trailer had something the movie didn't.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #115 : April 12, 2007, 09:26:44 AM »

Hey just looked at the start of this thread and at the Pic of I Crudeli and noticed there is a scene where Kitty is shooting a pistol, that is not on the Anchor Bay release. Any body know if its a delete or a promo pic?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #116 : April 12, 2007, 09:29:37 AM »

It's a promo pic. Saw it on a lobby card.

Sonny
Bounty Killer

« #117 : April 19, 2007, 10:26:08 PM »

It's a promo pic. Saw it on a lobby card.

Heey... I would've liked to see that in the movie.  Those bastards...getting people excited over nothing. Good thing I wasn't the one who saw the promo pic (or maybe I did but just didn't pay attention to it).

"I have vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.."
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #118 : May 26, 2007, 11:47:51 AM »

Arizona Colts review:-

HELLBENDERS, THE 1966-Excellent Sergio Corbucci Italo western that is very different from his usual style of no holds barred action and frequent bursts of violence. Here, he opts for a more subdued, suspenseful approach that is not without its fair share of violence. Joseph Cotten and his sons have stolen a cache of Union gold that they are carrying inside a coffin. The film deals with their struggle to avoid capture and get away by use of stealth and trickery. Of course, greed and deceit rear their ugly heads leading to a shocker conclusion and a downbeat ending. Corbucci keeps the twists coming and builds the suspense nicely. Highly recommended on the basis that Corbucci went for a different approach and succeeds admirably.

Rojo Ramone
Bandido

« #119 : July 22, 2007, 01:01:54 PM »

I watched my new AB DVD last night of THE HELLBENDERS and i loved it.
For me, Corbucci has become the second best SW filmaker.
Morricone's score was brilliant.
I didn't find the movie slow at all.
However I still prefer DJANGO and THE GREAT SILENCE more.

: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines