Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 07:10:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  paperback
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: paperback  (Read 2450 times)
Bill Carson
« on: January 04, 2005, 05:05:42 PM »

Cool hola! today I went to a second-hand book shop that I often visit and found the paperback - A FISTFUL OF DYNAMITE by James Lewis - "An explosive story of revolutionary Mexico", published by TANDEM (who also published the dollars trilogy)  wow! I mean, I never knew this existed! so now, I have novelisations of all the Leone films except OUATIA... anyone know if it exists?

Sensei
Bandido

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 05:53:29 AM »

Well, there''s Harry Grey''s Hoods which I think was later reissued as Once Upon a Time in America. Donno if that''s what you were looking for though.

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?
Tuco
Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 02:33:48 PM »

I''ve got a book in italian called "C''era una volta in America", which is a translation from the original "Once upon a time in America" by Lee Hays. This book was written after the movie and it is based upon the original movie script. Published by arrangement with the New American Library, New York, N.Y. Copyright by The Ladd Company, 1984.
It is basically the script of the movie.

Bill Carson
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 03:08:36 PM »

Cool hola amigos. please excuse me, I meant to say I don''t know of the novelisation of OUATITW! you are quite right about the Lee Hays novelisation which I have (unlike the others, this contains some cool photos from the film) I did a web search and came up with no listing for a novel of OUATITW... then again I did the same for A FISTFUL OF DYNAMITE some time ago and I found it just yesterday, so who knows...?  Wink

The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 07:12:28 AM »

Actually forgot about this. Found this small hardback 1973 film theory book in a secondhand bookstore last summer. For a couple of coins. The jacket was a eye catcher.
Not much is actually covered on Giu La Testa. Leone gets two paragraphs. Wonderful beginners guide to film theory. Fantastic chapter on the western film in general thou. And a large section on peckinpah's Wild Bunch.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM