Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 08, 2022, 09:39:48 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Unfair shootout!
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Unfair shootout!  ( 5251 )
sadhill
Bandido

"Un-k...Un-K......... There's no name on it."

« : January 07, 2005, 04:28:07 PM »

Angel Eyes was not very smart in the shootout!  It looks as if he was on the short sides of an almost
"A-squared" + "B-squared"= C-squared triangle. 
 Blondie and Tuco did not have to worry about shooting at each other, they were too far away so they both concentrated on Angel Eyes. Angel Eyes should have spaced himself equally to have a chance!

redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

« #1 : January 07, 2005, 04:36:15 PM »

Well I don''t know about the mathematics of it but I''ve always thought Angeleyes'' position was a bit hopeless anyway. Both Blondie and Tuco were intelligent enough to know that if it had been just them and Angeleyes, he would not very likely have been willing to split the treasure fairly, but each other they could possibly trust to a degree. If Tuco had been able to shoot, if he had any sense he would have been gunning for Angeleyes as well.

It's class.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #2 : January 07, 2005, 08:16:06 PM »

I figured this out once before they are equally spaced apart look at the size of each man in the screen cap AE is the smallest Tuco and Blondie nearly equal if you use a scale ratio figuring that Blondie is 6 feet tall they are all about 70 plus feet apart.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
sadhill
Bandido

"Un-k...Un-K......... There's no name on it."

« #3 : January 08, 2005, 08:19:37 AM »

You may be right, but the angles of the pictures can be deceiving, it still looks like Blondie/Tuco have a slight distance advantage, and true, it really was two against one!

KERMIT

« #4 : January 08, 2005, 11:51:23 AM »

I figured this out once before they are equally spaced apart look at the size of each man in the screen cap AE is the smallest Tuco and Blondie nearly equal if you use a scale ratio figuring that Blondie is 6 feet tall they are all about 70 plus feet apart.
i remember when you did this figuring c/j . thanks.

iceman
Bounty Killer

« #5 : January 10, 2005, 07:29:20 AM »

Angel Eyes was not very smart in the shootout!  It looks as if he was on the short sides of an almost
"A-squared" + "B-squared"= C-squared triangle.
 Blondie and Tuco did not have to worry about shooting at each other, they were too far away so they both concentrated on Angel Eyes. Angel Eyes should have spaced himself equally to have a chance!

You are almost correct Sadhill If the center of the cemetery is a circle and there are four exits into the grave area and the exits are evenly spaced you can see that they are virtually at each of three exits except maybe Tuco who is slightly off to the lright of one which would make it close to a equilateril triangle maybe

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #6 : January 10, 2005, 12:18:13 PM »

I don''t think Blondie lost any sleep over the distances....

Jupa
Gunslinger

Viva Leone!

« #7 : January 14, 2005, 05:27:55 AM »

LOL,this issue of who has the best position is very interesting. I agree with Sadhill,Angeleyes does have the worst position of the three.

Buntline
Road Apple

« #8 : January 16, 2005, 10:48:09 AM »

Of course it's unfair! - but Angel Eyes had more of a chance in the Sadhill shootout than his victims like Baker!.

KERMIT

« #9 : January 16, 2005, 09:14:02 PM »

ANGEL EYES....NOOOOOOOOOO !!!  :o
and stevens ! who could forget stevens ? or was it jackson ?  :-\ 

« : January 16, 2005, 09:22:01 PM KERMIT »
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines