Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 02:04:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Une corde, un Colt... aka Cemetery Without Crosses (1969)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Une corde, un Colt... aka Cemetery Without Crosses (1969)  (Read 35876 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2005, 04:49:49 PM »

Ok bit on this one and watched it last night SPO Entertainment Japan, its on the top twenty list (low on the list though) over at Spaghetti Westerns in America board.

Its nothing special as far as story or camera work, a basic revenge flick with a few twists and a SW ending. It also has a dedication by Robert Hossein to his Friend Sergio Leone at the end.

It stars and was directed by this Robert Hossein, he plays a gunfighter who's little habbit is reaching in his pocket and putting on a black leather glove before he draws his gun.

He lives in "Ghost Town" and this is probably the most  surrealistic  set of any SW I've seen, looks like something from a Dali painting. It just juts up out of a sand dune desert. It doesn't look like any set that I've sceen before in any other SW. That dilapadated town is the best part of the movie.

The film has no jarring out of place sequences that screw up the SW experience but its not a very inspired story. I believe Benito Stefanelli makes a cameo at the beginning.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
KERMIT
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 10:29:50 PM »

Ok bit on this one and watched it last night SPO Entertainment Japan, its on the top twenty list (low on the list though) over at Spaghetti Westerns in America board.

Its nothing special as far as story or camera work, a basic revenge flick with a few twists and a SW ending. It also has a dedication by Robert Hossein to his Friend Sergio Leone at the end.

It stars and was directed by this Robert Hossein, he plays a gunfighter who's little habbit is reaching in his pocket and putting on a black leather glove before he draws his gun.

He lives in "Ghost Town" and this is probably the most  surrealistic  set of any SW I've seen, looks like something from a Dali painting. It just juts up out of a sand dune desert. It doesn't look like any set that I've sceen before in any other SW. That dilapadated town is the best part of the movie.

The film has no jarring out of place sequences that screw up the SW experience but its not a very inspired story. I believe Benito Stefanelli makes a cameo at the beginning.
for some reason, all week, i've been thinking of this film's title.  great name for blues tune. the old black gloove trick. when he goes for the black glove how does the music sound ?
the town sounds like my kinda place to hang.
just on what you've posted cement's my obligation to get to best buy an cough up the dough !!

« Last Edit: January 20, 2005, 01:14:19 AM by KERMIT » Logged
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 05:04:46 AM »

Kerm the only SW's you might find at BB are Leone's and the following, Django, Mannaja A Man Called Blade, A Minute To Pray A Second To Die, Shalako, Companero's, and the crappy SW collector set, there is also a good SW set that has  Companero's, Keoma, Teaxas Adios, and Four For the Apocalapse, but thats about $80 and only Companero's and Keoma are worth it but not $80.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
spag fan
Bandido

It don't matter what I say, I'll dub it later.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 06:41:48 AM »

there is also a good SW set that has  Companero's, Keoma, Teaxas Adios, and Four For the Apocalapse, but thats about $80 and only Companero's and Keoma are worth it but not $80.

Don't forget that set includes the excellent "Bullet For The General". You should be able to pick this set up for less than $60 if you look around.  I'd say it's worth that.

Sentenza
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 09:30:42 AM »

You don't happen to have any stills or screenshots from that town, do you? The best I could find was this, but it has no pictures of the town set:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/monteloup/marquise_des_anges/michele_mercier_corede_colt.htm

We kill him now, papa?!
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005, 10:48:51 AM »

there is also a good SW set that has  Companero's, Keoma, Teaxas Adios, and Four For the Apocalapse, but thats about $80 and only Companero's and Keoma are worth it but not $80.

I have the set... and i recently rewatched four of the apocalypse and texas adios and they are both alot better than i remember... worth having if your a spaghetti fan, although most don't agree with me.... although with apocalypse you'd have to be more of lucio fulci fan than just a spaghetti western fan and i do like lucio fulci, but it's an aquired taste i guess.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
KERMIT
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005, 01:37:18 PM »

i'm always saying this  mucho thanko guys. i'm out the door now on my recon mission. i'll take notes and report back later . GP_CHUM, i'll keep a special eye out.

in this neck of the woods i'd be lucky to find rio lobo , lol

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2005, 06:48:53 PM »

Yer Right I forgot about "A Bullet for the General", Also you may find "A Man Called Sledge".

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 04:10:51 AM »

Sentenza this is what I got at the site you directed me to. Send it again.

Si votre navigateur n'affiche pas le site, cliquer sur ce bouton:

Send it again

I don't yet have a way to capture screen shots. But I can try and descibe it a little bit more. Its an unpainted dilapadated town with false fronts no higher than 2 stories. The main street is narrower than what you would usually see in a western town which contributes to its surreal look along with the sense that its being swallowed up in the sand dunes.

spag fan
Bandido

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2005, 06:43:07 AM »

How is A Man Called Sledge? I always liked James Garner. I've been meaning to pick this up, but haven't seen it at the right price.

Sentenza
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2005, 11:36:32 AM »

cigar joe, you get redirected due to some pesky javascript on the page I posted. Disable javascript in your web-browser and you should be able to reach the page, works for me. Wink
Don't expect anything extraordinary, just a couple of posters and a few stills.

Your description of that town sounds most intriguing, to say the least! Cool

We kill him now, papa?!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2005, 01:44:37 PM »

A Man Called Sledge is an average SW sort of B+ so better than a B anyway. Directed by Vic Morrow of TV "Combat". Its got the old timey "sung" openning credits score, something called "Other Mans Gold."

Its got a great opening sequence in the snow a la "The Great Silence" and has a great bar room shoot out near the beginning too. After this great beginning it sort of lays down (however all I've seen is the R1 version its supposedly cut some what, a lot of Garners girl friend Laura Antonelli must be cut since she doesn't seem to have much of a part and she is important at the end) into an average tale, you don't see any of the SW staples at least those that I recognize ( its got American actors Dennis Weaver, Claud Akins, and John Marley) but you do see Leone's sets (Agua Caliente). Though the adobe walls are draped with colorful rugs that really stand out.

Its got a good SW ending, that I won't give away. Its a worthy SW for a SW collection

spag fan
Bandido

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2005, 02:59:14 PM »

Thanks for the info CJ. Smiley

bronsky
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2005, 06:07:15 AM »

There are now some nice pics at Shobary's Site:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/rs901536/shobary/cemetery/withoutcrosses.htm

Sentenza
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2005, 03:21:21 AM »

Thanks alot, bronsky!

You were right, cigar joe. Fantasctic, eerie looking set. I need to see this film.

We kill him now, papa?!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM