Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 11:11:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Une corde, un Colt... aka Cemetery Without Crosses (1969)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Une corde, un Colt... aka Cemetery Without Crosses (1969)  (Read 35902 times)
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2011, 02:34:14 PM »

But that's a bootleg, and besides most likely only a DVD-R.

Here are the released DVDs: http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Une_corde,_un_Colt/DVD

German DVD is excellent, but also very expensive.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2011, 04:48:54 PM »

but also very expensive.

Exactly. Roll Eyes

The Culttzine site has caused much controversy on that spaghetti western site as it seems that the sources aren't exactly  legit.But who really cares if they can deliver on excellent quality if the legit releaes don't.Here's a review of the Cultzine release of Face To Face which apparently is superior to the Japanese SPO disc(i own this and the English audio is dreadful).

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Face_to_Face_DVD_Review_%28Cultcine%29

stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2011, 02:03:00 AM »

The problem seems to be that he uses partly other people's work to make money. You can get get most unreleased SWs as fan dubs for nothing, or for the cost of a trade.

I rarely pay more than 10 € for a legit DVD, and I would never pay 15 $ for a bootleg, especially as it is not even a burned DVD.

Compared to the German DVD, which I bought for 25 € (still the most expensive single DVD I ever bought), the Cultcine bootlegs are very, very expensive.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2011, 02:35:26 AM »

Well at least we've given Rudra a couple of leads where he can get hold of this film.  Smiley

Rudra
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2011, 10:46:14 AM »

Dear Banjo and Stanton,

Thank you very much for the links. I have gone through both the links and will make a decision soon.

Thanks again!

R

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2011, 05:13:50 PM »

Hossein's "Le Goût de la violence" (The Taste of Violence) is apparently being released as part of the 'Collection Gaumont à la demande' this March.

If you like "Cemetery without Crosses", you'll certainly appreciate this as well.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 05:17:09 PM by Novecento » Logged
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2011, 05:23:07 PM »

Hossein's "Le Goût de la violence" (The Taste of Violence) is apparently being released as part of the 'Collection Gaumont à la demande' this March.

If you like "Cemetery without Crosses", you'll certainly appreciate this as well.

Its not a Western is it?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2011, 05:30:40 PM »

Its not a Western is it?

Looks like a zapata-w.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Go%C3%BBt_de_la_violence%2C_Le

stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2011, 01:47:33 AM »

In the SWDB forum you find some more information about it:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,1883.0.html

There is also a link to the well written Scherpschutter review.

And there I already wrote about the western or not-western question:

I don't think it's a western at all. It has indeed some western elements, but I would call it at best a half western.

You can debate about several of the revolution westerns if they are really westerns, or if they are more likely war films or political films or whatever. Of course they are often also war films (like Giu la testa), or political films (Quien sabe? is probably more connected with Damiani's polit thrillers, than with most of the other SWs), but they contain enough western elements to be called as such by me.

Taste of Violence is obviously a Hossein film, but the western elements are very vague. And the setting is not intended to be Mexico but a different Middle- or South American country. It's interesting to watch it in the context of the later made revolution westerns, but I don't include it.

Some people also view american films like Viva Villa (1933, co-directed by Howard Hawks) and Kazan's Viva Zapata as westerns, I don't.

Another difference is that Quien sabe? and it's successors were made directly in the context of the SW boom, and therefore included more elements of western directing than other films which were dealing with revolution themes.
The western status of Quien sabe? and Tepepa can be questioned, but they were always considered as westerns by me. Taste of Violence is like O cangaceiro or  Pontecorvo's Queimada out of the canon. But like the similar discussion about Spaghetti- , Paella- , or Euro westerns it's a matter of definitions which everybody has to make for himself.

On the other hand, due to their style and their directing, it was never questioned by me that Corbucci's The Mercenary and Companeros and Leone's Giu la testa are 100% westerns

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2011, 06:24:20 AM »

Dear Banjo and Stanton,

Thank you very much for the links. I have gone through both the links and will make a decision soon.

Thanks again!

R

My bootleg of the Japanese  disc of CWC won't play anymore so i bought this very cheap box set the other week which has an excellent print of this movie and of several other sw's:-

http://cinemaraiders.blogspot.com/2011/05/best-of-spaghetti-westerns.html

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2014, 05:54:08 AM »

Hossein's "Toi le venin" has been slated for a blu-ray release by Gaumont this November

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2014, 06:43:07 AM »

Hossein's "Toi le venin" has been slated for a blu-ray release by Gaumont this November
The ultimate Hossein film, apparently. From IMDb:
A throbbing jazz score and a bitterly ironic twist at the end top off what looks to be a reel family affair: director Hossein adapted his friend Frédéric Dard's pulp novel and co-starred with his wife, Marina Vlady, and sister-in-law Odile Versois. His father, André Hossein, composed the music.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2014, 08:57:33 AM »

I've read the novel last month. Not his best, though good. On the contrary, I've read soon after Le dos au mur, which is an absolute masterpiece: apparently no movie has been made out of it, am I wrong?

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2014, 10:48:31 AM »

I've read the novel last month. Not his best, though good. On the contrary, I've read soon after Le dos au mur, which is an absolute masterpiece: apparently no movie has been made out of it, am I wrong?
Of course you are: http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie/le-dos-au-mur.2/

I've been championing that film, ever since I saw it as part of Gaumont's 100-year retrospective in 1994. But you never listened.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2014, 11:09:05 AM »

Of course you are: http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie/le-dos-au-mur.2/

I've been championing that film, ever since I saw it as part of Gaumont's 100-year retrospective in 1994. But you never listened.

Probably the fact that you were championing it turned me off. Thanx, anyway.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM