Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 01:35:02 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Blindman (1971)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blindman (1971)  (Read 30583 times)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2005, 10:50:11 AM »

Yes HEX,you're right about Anthony using his own voice here.I haven't seen the other 2 films you mentioned yet,but as regards Django and Texas Addio surely it would not be a such a monumental task to get Franco Nero to dub over his parts in English,as Eastwood did just that recently on the extended SE GBU dvd?

HEX
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2005, 01:04:49 AM »

well actually that would be a bad idea

see NERO'S roles in those two films are supposed to be white american(cockhaisian would be the word but i cant spell it right) and NERO has a heavy accent in real life so even his own voice wouldnt fit.
i would much rather see a white american re dub the voice to make DJANGO sound less like an idiot. and BURT SULLIVAN to sound less like a backwater town hill billy.

and u should really check out THE STRANGER movies(there good fun). u can get the first two for cheap on a double movie special for like under 20. a bargain i say.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 11:11:46 AM by HEX » Logged
Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2005, 04:45:17 AM »

I maintain that it would be an excellent idea,HEX,for Franco Nero to redub his voice in English for Django,Texas Addio as well as for Massacre Time.For me Nero has one of the great movie voices and over the years his accent has been passed off as many nationalities and in fact he holds the record for playing the greatest variety of nationalities on screen.
I don't think that anybody can have any doubt that had Sergio Corbucci made Django after The Mercenary and Companeros,Nero's own English dubbing would have been used.
I know exactly where to find the Stranger series for a cheap price but there are a few more titles that are higher up on wanted my list at present .

HEX
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2005, 10:14:31 AM »

Apparently, alot of the reason for there being no sequel was that the sand kept getting behind Anthony's "blind man" contact lenses, which I imagine was more than a bit painful.

Its a great film though - quite comic strip-esq.

sorry to bring this up from a while back but i forgot to ask u MARCO, how did u come across that info about the sand in his eye? an interview?

Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2005, 03:37:06 PM »

I can't remember for sure Hex, but I think most probably the first Howard Hughes book.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2005, 08:49:56 PM »

Yea the sand behind the contacts was in Hughes first Pocket Essential book.

Also the Italian cut is a bit longer, check it out too.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
HEX
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2005, 09:52:19 PM »

Yea the sand behind the contacts was in Hughes first Pocket Essential book.

Also the Italian cut is a bit longer, check it out too.

ok sorry to be a bit ignorant but what does HOWARD HUGHES have to do with the spag western? are we talking about pilot howard hughes?

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2005, 07:27:42 AM »

No it's the author Howard Hughes who wrote the Pocket Essential Guide to SW's covering 31 movies and also a very detailed study of 20(plus discussions on many more!)  of the same movies in the follow-up book "Once Upon A Time In The Italian West".
The first book is great for SW virgins or anyone(like me 3 years ago) just wanting to rediscover SW's.
If you have any spare cash left over from DVD's Hex,i highly recommend the second book even if you've already got most or all of the main titles-its that good!

HEX
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2005, 07:40:45 AM »

No it's the author Howard Hughes who wrote the Pocket Essential Guide to SW's covering 31 movies and also a very detailed study of 20(plus discussions on many more!)  of the same movies in the follow-up book "Once Upon A Time In The Italian West".
The first book is great for SW virgins or anyone(like me 3 years ago) just wanting to rediscover SW's.
If you have any spare cash left over from DVD's Hex,i highly recommend the second book even if you've already got most or all of the main titles-its that good!

thanks BANJO i will check it out. i am only missing one main title at the moment and that is FACE TO FACE. hopefully i will get it by CHRISTMAS. as for spare cash i am broke until a week from now. i recently purchased CEMETARY WITHOUT CROSSES and i have FRAYLING'S SPAGHETTI WESTERNS book waiting for a pick-up at the local book store, but i am gonna need 30 bucks(that is rather expensive for a paperback) before i can go get it.

and on that note....we cue the music

paperback writer
i want to be a paperback writer
PAPERBACK WRITER!

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2006, 02:33:20 PM »

Warning: This post may contain spoilers.

The brutal sun beats down on the scorched desert as a lone rider is seen drifting across the wilderness. He reaches a deserted town but his horse veers off in many directions as if the rider doesn't know which way he's going. A man steps out from a building bewildered at the strange site. The rider gets down from his horse. " Where's Skunk? " After the townsperson realizes the man is blind he points in the direction of the church so Blindman can announce his arrival. The blindman shoots the bell three times awaking Skunk and two buddies. After threats made to and by Skunk the Blindman straps dynamite to the door when Skunk refuses to tell him where Domingo's hiding the women. Blindman rides off and the building blows up taking Skunk and his buddies with it. This is how Blindman opens.

Most of the film is spent showing Blindman's quest to get his 50 women. He made a contract with Skunk to have them delivered to miners in Texas but Skunk's friend Domingo ( the bad guy in the movie and don't let the credits fool you, he's NOT played by Ringo Starr ) has stolen the women for his own use. There's a side plot where Domingo's brother Candy ( this is Ringo Starr ) has fallen in love with a pretty blonde named Pilar who clearly shows no sign of affection to him which results in her getting a smack or two.

Domingo uses the women to lure in the Mexican general who has a price on his head and his men. There is a brutal massacre and only the general is spared. He too wants to get even with Domingo.

Blindman lures Candy into the caves where he has Pilar and shoots him down. When Domingo and his gang find his dead brother, the hunt to find the Blindman is on.

A great film by Ferdinando Baldi, it's cool, it's fun, and it's fast-moving. Definantly not a movie for militant feminists or anyone who may be offended by the way some women are shown in the film, but it is a hidden gem for devoted fans of the SW genre.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 02:40:39 PM by The Peacemaker » Logged

Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2006, 02:55:15 PM »

I agree!  love it - it has a comic strip type feel to me.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2006, 09:47:10 PM »

Great stuff. I am glad the dvd got there all right and I am glad you enjoyed it!
It is a great movie! Very Fun indeed.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

Do you think I'm just..anyone? DO you?

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2006, 01:46:03 PM »

One thing that I liked a lot was the opening...instead of the usual music...there were only hoofbeats...& it was a great way to open the movie.
Baldi & Anthony did a similar thing in "Comin' At Ya"......with no music & no dialogue for the opening 13 minutes.

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2006, 01:50:36 PM »

never could figure out why a sequel was never made. That has always confounded me to no end. It did very well world wide even in its butchered version here in the U.S.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2006, 01:51:51 PM »

never could figure out why a sequel was never made. That has always confounded me to no end. It did very well world wide even in its butchered version here in the U.S.

I was always under the impression that it did very poor in the states being that you can't buy the DVD here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM