Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 02:51:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  A quote found
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A quote found  (Read 2823 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2004, 09:00:03 PM »

Ok I may have found a quote that would be used by Leone in GBU. The scene Leone quoted was the one where Tuco drags dead Wallace up to the tracks to break his shackle chain. I saw Apache with Burt Lancaster who plays Massai an Apache who is taken by train east towards Florida with Geronimo. He jumps out a window and lets the car wheels cut his handcuff chains. Not a great movie but not too bad either.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 04:24:57 PM »

Smiley One more thing I forgot to mention about Apache it has an Apache Indian Policeman as the rival to Burt Lancaster's love interest. He is played by a fellow named Charles Buchinsky later to be Harmonica.....

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
KERMIT
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 06:28:10 AM »

burt, the man, can do j.j. hunsecker and play an indian  

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046719/

« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 06:56:35 AM by KERMIT » Logged
Belkin
Gunslinger

Can my character have a poncho, Sergio? Please!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 11:37:29 AM »

burt, the man, can do j.j. hunsecker and play an indian  

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046719/

Just watched BURT in a double-bill; THE SWIMMER and CASTLE KEEP. He was truely one of the greats. And one of the greats that took chances! Sadly missed.

You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it on the streets...
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 04:22:52 PM »

Seems to be a Burt Lancaster week. A couple of days ago I watched "The Train" (Director Frankenhimer) Burt playing a French Railroad Divison Master if thats what they call them there in France. He was also a member of the underground. His mission was to save the heritage of France (Paintings of Renior, Degas, Latrec, Miro etc., etc. which a German Colonel was carting off to Germany on a special train. Its a great flick that I recomend to you if you haven't seen it, it is called the last great black & white action picture.

I like old steamers and this one had a great bunch of shots of trains and train wrecks, it was also a sentimental movie for me as it was one of the ones I went to with my Dad, sort of a boys night out.

It also has a SW connection, Donal Obrien played a German officer or Sargent, Obrien was in a few SW's most notably Sollima's Run Man Run and Casteleri's Keoma.

Tim
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 06:15:53 PM »

Burt Lancaster's performance in Castle Keep is great.  I'm glad this movie was finally released on DVD, in widescreen and full screen.  Too bad it took distributors so long to figure out people wanted to see this movie in widescreen. 

Eh, what's the difference?  Can you ever have too many copies of a movie you love?

The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 02:07:44 PM »

Seems to be a Burt Lancaster week. A couple of days ago I watched "The Train" (Director Frankenhimer) Burt playing a French Railroad Divison Master if thats what they call them there in France. He was also a member of the underground. His mission was to save the heritage of France (Paintings of Renior, Degas, Latrec, Miro etc., etc. which a German Colonel was carting off to Germany on a special train. Its a great flick that I recomend to you if you haven't seen it, it is called the last great black & white action picture.

I like old steamers and this one had a great bunch of shots of trains and train wrecks, it was also a sentimental movie for me as it was one of the ones I went to with my Dad, sort of a boys night out.

It also has a SW connection, Donal Obrien played a German officer or Sargent, Obrien was in a few SW's most notably Sollima's Run Man Run and Casteleri's Keoma.

Remember watchin the 'The Train' a couple of years ago. Fantastic film, had some great night scenes around the stationary steam train, odd camera angles. Didnt know it was directed by  John Frankenhimer.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM