Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 04:07:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Leone in Adelaide!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leone in Adelaide!  (Read 2382 times)
Dead Man
Road Apple

A unique travelling companion

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2003, 05:09:18 PM »

Sure, I'm probably the only Adelaide resident on this board, but I guess it's up to me to put this reminder out.

As part of the Adelaide International Film Festival, we're going to be getting my two favourite Leone films. Saturday March 1 is The Good, The Bad And The Ugly, and Sunday March 2 is Once Upon A Time In The West. Each film is followed by a performance in the parklands by a Morricone tribute outfit, plus a bowl of spaghetti!

Definitely check this out if you're in Adelaide. It'll be the first time I've seen either of these films on the big screen, and the first time I'll see OUATITW in the correct aspect ratio. This will bring to three the number of Leone flicks I'll have seen at the cinema, after the misadvertised Fistful Of Dynamite a couple of years back. Don't you hate it when they promise a new print of the extnded cut and then give you a scratchy print of the short cut?

Oh well. Old and scratchy these two prints will surely be (undeservedly so) but this is one happy Leone fan. Anyone know what cigars Leone preferred so I can smoke one afterwards as a tribute to the great man?

"I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring."

Col. Walter E. Kurtz
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 08:38:27 PM »

Sounds like a good time, the great part besides being on the big screen is seeing the films with an audience, enjoy! I think the cigars were Toscanos.  Wink

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM