Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 04:04:01 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Special Edition DVD
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Special Edition DVD  (Read 27913 times)
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2005, 11:53:48 AM »

This is the info about the R1 discs from The Digital Bits

4/12/05
Now, here's that good news/bad news. Leaks out of MGM in Europe have revealed that the studio will release a trio of long-awaited 2-disc Sergio Leone special edition DVDs in the U.K. on 4/18. These include A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More and A Fistful of Dynamite. We've checked with our sources and learned that these same special editions HAD tentatively been scheduled to street from MGM here in the States in December. Do you sense a BUT coming? You're right. BUT... now that Sony is busy gobbling up MGM Home Entertainment, any decision to release these special editions in the U.S. is going to have to be made by them. Eventually. In other words, these DVDs have been caught in the thick of the merger, and there's a fair possibility that it's going to be a while before we see them here. We're checking with Sony to see what they say... but we'd be surprised if they commented at this point. We'll let you know in any case.

The bit below is more important

We've got a follow-up on that Sergio Leone SE DVD story we posted in The Rumor Mill yesterday. We've contacted Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and learned pretty much exactly what we expected: The deal to purchase MGM just closed, so they're only just starting to address the logistics of assuming responsibility for MGM Home Entertainment's catalog and DVD release slate. It's too early to know if the titles MGM had previously slated for release later this year (including the A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More and A Fistful of Dynamite special editions) will street as planned, or will be delayed. Rest assured we'll keep you up to date on this in the weeks and months ahead. Cross your fingers, Leone fans"

I recently bought both dollar films from UK R2 and I'm happy enough with them at the mo. I'm more debating Dynamite as I cant stand a film being cut by those idiots/BBFC personel, and I think I'll wait for this one R1

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2005, 01:56:54 PM »

You don't have to wait for the R1. The Danish release is uncut.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM