Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 06:55:19 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Young Frank
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Young Frank  (Read 3693 times)
Dlanor
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2004, 01:12:06 AM »

When I saw the film, I wondered if it really was the same actor Henri fonda or if they 'd chosen a younger actor who looked like him. Is he wearing a whig?

John Baldwin
Gunslinger

Do you recognize this string ???

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 04:08:07 AM »

I believe he is the same actor...

Le monde se divise en deux catégories: ceux qui ont un revolver chargé, et ceux qui creusent; toi tu creuses...
redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 06:48:59 AM »

Yeah definately the same actor. Hair dyed black, a beard, a bit of makeup. No problem.

What I want to know is how they managed to make Charles Bronson look like a 10 year old boy  Wink

It's class.
John Baldwin
Gunslinger

Do you recognize this string ???

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 07:26:04 AM »

LOL............. Tongue But I find the young Harmonica is well as Bronson

Le monde se divise en deux catégories: ceux qui ont un revolver chargé, et ceux qui creusent; toi tu creuses...
DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 08:38:46 AM »

im glad this has been brought up cos im growing my hair at the moment...its a british student thing...and at the moment it looks eerily like the younger Frank, tho its slightly neater, and its no wig!!!  Grin

Tho i havent been stuffing harmonicas in peoples mouths or tellin people to keep their lovin' brothers happy!  Wink

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
Dlanor
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 02:26:30 PM »

Fortunately.

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2004, 07:21:25 PM »

quite amazing how young they made the old frank look... not to mention the job they did on fonda for young frank... the guy was 62 when they shot the film... made him look in his late 40's early 50's as older frank and a young man as young frank... simply amazing. and it's not fonda himself... look at him in battle of the bulge a year earlier... looks ancient

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
Two Kinds of ...
Gunslinger

Idiots - it's for you.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2004, 08:38:11 PM »

They did great work on "Frank" throughout that movie.   Not only is the Young Frank seen in flashback, but the flashback (at least the shot of Hank) has the look of an earlier Boetticher or some other directot's Western.   Surreal and deeply cool.

More feeling.
Dlanor
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2004, 11:07:30 AM »

They did great work on "Frank" throughout that movie.   Not only is the Young Frank seen in flashback, but the flashback (at least the shot of Hank) has the look of an earlier Boetticher or some other directot's Western.   Surreal and deeply cool.
Little out of topic but these pre-flash backs  were amazing. The flur applied to the lens and the slow down were very cool effect, like in a dream, we really plunged in harmonica memories. It was progressive and really created an enigma wich held the viewer .

baby_blues
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2005, 12:07:37 PM »

I think Hank did had black hair in real life, is that so? In the movie he has brown, I wonder why. Marvellous to think these details.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM