Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 03:06:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Lo chiamavano Trinità... aka They Call Me Trinity (1970)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lo chiamavano Trinità... aka They Call Me Trinity (1970)  (Read 33447 times)
HEX
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2005, 12:43:39 PM »

what is up with all the bean eating all of TERENCE HILL'S and BUD SPENCER'S westerns? is that like a gimick or something? is it supposed to be funny(like a forshadowing of them farting later? but that never happens) i have seen (mostly HILL) them eating beans in all these movies.

THEY CALL ME TRINITY
TRINITY IS STILL MY NAME
MY NAME IS NOBODY

and apparently they have this spoof on MAFIA films and the title is called something like

MACHO MEN EAT BEANS.(iam serious)

i have not seen BUDDY GOES WEST but i know LEONE_ADMIRER has. so ADMIRER does SPENCER snarf on beans in that film as well?

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2005, 03:12:00 AM »

I'm sure i read somewhere that because of these scenes, comedy SW were called Bean Westerns-has anybody else heard of this term?

HEX
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2005, 07:57:53 AM »

I'm sure i read somewhere that because of these scenes, comedy SW were called Bean Westerns-has anybody else heard of this term?

that is an interesting(and funny term Grin) but i cant say that i have heard of it.

i think i am going to adopt the phrase myself. so from now on i will call "comedy westerns", "bean westerns".

not on the forum though. i dont want u guys to get confused. i will just say it in public at stores just to get the employees irratetd and confused. Grin

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2005, 08:13:42 AM »

Buddy Goes West Hex? I don't believe I have seen it, but if its under another title then maybe I have.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
HEX
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2005, 08:15:29 AM »

Buddy Goes West Hex? I don't believe I have seen it, but if its under another title then maybe I have.

my  mistake. i believe it was NOBODY who has seen BUDDY GOES WEST. i got u confused with with NOBODY. he has the same avatar as u Grin(dont change it!)

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2005, 08:17:37 AM »

OK, phew, thought my mind had finally melted after watching so many spaghetti's and I was begining to foget the films I had seen.

Marisol
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2005, 09:14:48 AM »

Maybe it has got something to do with the mexican "tortilla with beans" eating!?
It could be meant to remind you, that you are watching a Western that takes place in the southern part of America.

HEX
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2005, 11:06:10 AM »

Maybe it has got something to do with the mexican "tortilla with beans" eating!?
It could be meant to remind you, that you are watching a Western that takes place in the southern part of America.

well yes but that is rather obvious. it seems more like some weird gimick HILL and SPENCER like to do. in other sw's whenever a character is involved in eating(which is quite often. especially in LEONE'S films.) he/she is usually eating a sort of slop or stew, which consist of dried up vegetables and lettuce(at least that is what it looks like to me). i have never seen bean eating in another sw(with an exception to RUN MAN RUN in the beginning) except HILL/SPENCER'S comedy westerns, and it seems as if it is a running gimick with there other non-western films(like the title i mentioned above.)

HEX
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2005, 12:03:27 PM »

There's a movie called "The Fist Goes West", that stars Spencer and has one of Morricone's best tongue-in-cheek scores that I've heard.  Is that it?  I haven't seen it, but the music sure is fun.

i would imagine that FIST GOES WEST is BUDDY GOES WEST under another title. since it is just about SPENCER beating up random people(hence "fist". i would imagine).

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2005, 01:44:14 AM »

Managed to stay awake to 1am last night to record this while pausing out the adverts and its great to finally see this in widescreen.I'm going to email ITV4 to ask them to show Trinity Is Still My Name because my existing copy is terrible.
My all time favourite Bud & Terence movie is Watch Out We're Mad.I loved it as a kid and i still think its one of the funniest films ever made.I've been waiting a long time to see if a widescreen DVD will emerge!   

Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2005, 03:35:13 AM »

Good call Banjo, I could do with them showing the second Trinity film, as I've not seen it.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2005, 06:27:24 AM »

Its not quite upto the same standard as the first film and is definately aimed at a family audience hence no-one dies.My favourite scene is where Trinity and Bambino display their slightly less than polite eating habits and table ettiquette in a posh restaurant-it kills me everytime!
I think whether you enjoy these films boils down to if you like Terence and Bud who to me are like an Italian Laurel and Hardy.I find their comedy westerns funnier than the more known USA variety like Blazing Saddles.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2005, 09:10:06 AM »

I resaw them some months ago, as written elsewhere, and the second trinity still got me rolling on the floor when Spencer does confesses himself, though probably some of the scene's blatant blasphemy probably gets lost on non-catholic viewers. 

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2005, 09:22:34 AM »

I like Terence but haven't seen any comedy pairings with Budd in films like the Trinity series. Sounds a bit too slapstick for my tastes.

Christopher
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2005, 03:25:33 PM »

My dad has a DVD boxed set of They Call Me Trinity, Trinity is Still my Name, and another one called Boot Hill.
I've haven't watched these yet, but from what my dad has said, and from what I've read, I do plan on watching them sometime, since they do come recommended. Wink
Geez, it took me long enough to start watching them. I finally watched They Call Me Trinity the other night. I really enjoyed it too. I didn't see it as being so much a spoof of spaghetti westerns, as just a SW with humor added.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM