Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 03:50:41 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Opening sequence
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Opening sequence  (Read 2763 times)
iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2005, 12:16:41 PM »

Question probably asked before but....How can we tell who is whistling and humming at the start of FAFDM. Is it the horse man or the shooter, and who is he shooting at during the Music...The Horse?Huh why?
Always bugged me. Could be the shooter as its seems nearer than if the horseman was whistling.

Ice

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Tim
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 06:13:34 PM »

I don't think we're supposed to know who is whistling or who he is shooting.  IMO, its just a way to set up the theme of the movie, especially after the opening line,"Where life had no value, death sometimes had a price.  That is why the bounty killers appeared."  Maybe the coolest opening line ever.

And if I'm not mistaken, isn't that Sergio himself whistling?

Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 08:07:38 PM »

The horse, of course.

Which reminds me, look at the scene where Manco and Mortimer meet up, where Mortimer gives him the scar on his neck. When Clint pulls up and says "I'm not runnin' away!" look at his horses mouth and gestures. Throughout that whole shot the horse looks like he's the one talking :-D

Rashomon
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 09:47:48 AM »

Yeah, but it's possible to light a match, smoke or load a gun while whistling. Anyway, the whistling stalls when he does these things.

I always assumed it was manco whistling and shooting.

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 12:21:58 PM »

Yeah, but it's possible to light a match, smoke or load a gun while whistling. Anyway, the whistling stalls when he does these things.

I always assumed it was manco whistling and shooting.

Never assume....it makes an "ASS of U and ME"

Ice

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 03:14:54 PM »

I was just watching this and I thought to myself - The gunshot sounds like Manco's, but also remember, when the Col. is collecting the money for his bounty, the sheriff says that Manco was in there, so maybe Manco shot the man, brought him in, saw Cavanagh's poster, etc.

Notice how after both the Col. and Manco keep bringing their bounties in they see a wanted poster for their next job.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM