Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2018, 10:30:54 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Ennio Morricone (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  LUGOSI and MORRICONE!
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: LUGOSI and MORRICONE!  ( 2450 )
Belkin
Gunslinger

Can my character have a poncho, Sergio? Please!

« : May 26, 2005, 04:40:59 PM »

This may sound daft but.....I recently bought a DVD of a movie starring BELA LUGOSI (big fan) called WHITE ZOMBIE! Now, I'm a huge MORRICONE fan (have seen him in concert twice) so no disrespect to the master intended. BUT, the opening scene contains a soundtrack, that I can only dream was written by ENNIO'S grandfather, cause this soundtrack from this 30's movie is straight out of a MORRICONE (music wise) movie. It sounds like something from THE BIG GUNDOWN or NAVAJO JOE. Please, somebody grab a hold of this flick n' reasure me I'm not losing my mind! It's very, very strange!  :o

You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it on the streets...
boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

Do you think I'm just..anyone? DO you?

« #1 : May 26, 2005, 08:51:50 PM »

Hmmmmm...I saw this about a year ago...I remember the carriage on the road...& the kind of voodoolike native chanting they ran into. Is that what you're referring to?
(the movie's available for d/l..as it's public domain...that's how I saw it....the MPEG2 is the best quality..DVD quality & burnable..although as I recall...this print is unrestored...so it's a little clunky)
-->http://www.archive.org/details/white_zombie

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
visitor
Bandido

« #2 : May 27, 2005, 09:41:18 AM »

This may sound daft but.....I recently bought a DVD of a movie starring BELA LUGOSI (big fan) called WHITE ZOMBIE! Now, I'm a huge MORRICONE fan (have seen him in concert twice) so no disrespect to the master intended. BUT, the opening scene contains a soundtrack, that I can only dream was written by ENNIO'S grandfather, cause this soundtrack from this 30's movie is straight out of a MORRICONE (music wise) movie. It sounds like something from THE BIG GUNDOWN or NAVAJO JOE. Please, somebody grab a hold of this flick n' reasure me I'm not losing my mind! It's very, very strange!  :o

it 's not daft.

The main title to WHITE ZOMBIE was reworked by Morricone for use in EXORCIST 2.

Whether this was an "hommage", unintentional, or heaven forbid an outright swipe, I don't know.

I brought this up on the Morricone board some yrs back-and the subject was roundly and completely IGNORED.

Belkin
Gunslinger

Can my character have a poncho, Sergio? Please!

« #3 : May 27, 2005, 09:58:08 AM »

it 's not daft.

The main title to WHITE ZOMBIE was reworked by Morricone for use in EXORCIST 2.

Whether this was an "hommage", unintentional, or heaven forbid an outright swipe, I don't know.

I brought this up on the Morricone board some yrs back-and the subject was roundly and completely IGNORED.

Many thanks for that info, visitor. Had no idea of the WHITE ZOMBIE/EXORCIST 2 connection. Am going to watch n' listen again. WHITE ZOMBIE is a cracking (and dare I say crackling) piece of soundtrack. Couldn't believe it when I first heard it and had to play it again with my eyes closed. Could have bin' a MORRICONE western theme.

« : May 27, 2005, 10:02:07 AM Belkin »

You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it on the streets...
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines