Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 05:59:32 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Child actors poll
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Poll
Question: Which of the child actors most resembles their adult counterpart?
Scott Tiler (Young Noodles)   -13 (41.9%)
Rusty Jacobs (Young Max)   -7 (22.6%)
Jennifer Connelly (Young Deborah)   -4 (12.9%)
Adrian Curran (Young Cockeye)   -5 (16.1%)
Brian Bloom (Young Patsy)   -2 (6.5%)
Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Child actors poll  (Read 6474 times)
redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

View Profile WWW
« on: March 06, 2005, 04:55:06 AM »

I'm thinking more in terms of performance than physical resemblence. For me it's Scott Tiler, he could be a young Bobby de Niro. His performance is spot on and by coincidence I think he looks the most like his adult equivelent too. I think while you can see Jennifer Connelly's talent she isn't quite a match up for the older Deborah.

(Hope no-one minds I've left out Peggy and Fat Moe cos they're smaller parts).

It's class.
RichardRoma
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 09:08:33 AM »

Jennifer Connelly, by far not only the best child character performance, but far better than the person that played her adult part played by Elizabeth McGovern.

Adult Deborah doesnt convince me. Out of all the characters in the movie, I even think that the guy that played the bus ticket seller had a better performance than her.  Roll Eyes

"Our reputation as all-around tough guys and so-called killers was a force which hurled us into the actual violence incubated by prohibition" Noodles, The Hoods by Harry Grey.
DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 04:08:15 PM »

its gotta be scott tiler he does brilliantly in mimicking Bobby D, interestingly enough about a year ago he came and posted on this board, seems a nice guy.

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
Bill Carson
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 12:21:47 PM »

Cool hola amigos. yes, I think Scott Tiler gets my vote. there were times when the young Max actor seemed like he was reading his lines off a cue card!

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 05:10:22 PM »

How did I miss this poll when it was still active? Shocked Oh well.

I'd definitely say Scott Tiler, he gives an extremely convincing performance and I can believe he's a young De Niro.  I do think Rusty Jacobs did a good job as young Max, just not as good.  And of course Jen was excellent too.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Dlanor
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 10:00:46 PM »

You didn't mention young Fat Moe.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 04:19:41 AM »

Scott Tiler for me.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 12:53:28 PM by Leone Admirer » Logged

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
HEX
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 10:49:33 AM »

RUSTY JACOBS.

JENNIFER CONNELLY'S adult character is the most disgraceful in the resemblance department.

Dlanor
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 02:28:41 PM »

JENNIFER CONNELLY'S adult character is the most disgraceful in the resemblance department.

I was disapointed too. The more ironic is that Elizabeth Mac Govern was casted first and Jennifer Connelly was casted according to her, not the contrary...

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 06:42:26 PM »

Why are you guys so down on Elizabeth McGovern??!  I love her in this movie, she was the perfect casting choice for Deborah!  Granted, I like Jennifer Connelly better, BUT that doesn't mean EM did a bad job.

HEX
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 07:04:26 PM »

Why are you guys so down on Elizabeth McGovern??!  I love her in this movie, she was the perfect casting choice for Deborah!  Granted, I like Jennifer Connelly better, BUT that doesn't mean EM did a bad job.

i was never complaining of her acting skills. i was just saying she was a poor candidate in the look alike department. she looks nothing like her younger self.
i am sure there was some reason for that but still...

and why do u think jennifer was better elizabeth? just because she is more famous now? i think they both did a fine job. but i also think they both equaled eachother. but EM seemed to be ahead of connelly just a bit. i mean think about it. it isnt like jennifer did much of anything in the movie? as far as acting goes she did a fine job and thats it. EM had to convincingly be raped in front of the camera.
we wouldnt even be having this conversation if not for jennifers fame today.

by the way if u want jennifer in her prime check out REQUEIM FOR A DREAM

the same director(of REQUEIM) has already finisheD his next film starring RACHAEL WEISZ. it has something to do with the fountain of youth. very vague plot description so far....
but i like arronofsky(sorry if mispelled) and weisz is a pretty good actress as well.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2005, 04:48:31 PM »

I like Jennifer better because her performance is great.  I think the "Song of Songs" scene is beautifully acted by both her and Scott Tiler.  Granted, JC doesn't have too much screentime, but it's enough.

I like McGovern's performance, but it's clear that a lot of fans of this film don't.  I will agree she doesn't look like JC, but her performance is good and I thought she fit the demeanor of Deborah very well, though admittedly I thought her voice was a bit off-putting at times.

I've not seen "Requiem For A Dream" as of yet, but I'll keep an eye open. . .  Wink

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2005, 04:49:04 AM »

I think Elizabeth Mcgovern is fine as Deborah. The only sequence I'm not to keen as is near the end when she is with old noodles and she is asked to leave her changing room, her spluttering and protestations remind me of someone in a school play. But as Noodles says that that wasn't great acting that maybe apart of it, but to me her distress at that point does sound so phoney.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
BklynGal
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2005, 04:06:28 PM »

I'm thinking more in terms of performance than physical resemblence. For me it's Scott Tiler, he could be a young Bobby de Niro. His performance is spot on and by coincidence I think he looks the most like his adult equivelent too. I think while you can see Jennifer Connelly's talent she isn't quite a match up for the older Deborah.

(Hope no-one minds I've left out Peggy and Fat Moe cos they're smaller parts).

I knew Scott Tiler when he was a little boy. I was a friend of one of his older brothers and I must say even as a child. prior to his acting career, I always imagined him playing a part similar to that of Noodles. He was a natural.  I went to Camp Betar with him back in the 1970s. He grew up in Bayside, New York which is a neighborhood in Queens. At his Bar Mitzvah, the theme was of course the theatrical world and there were Playbills all over the place. Scott's mother passed away prior to him getting the part in "Once Upon a Time in America" and I remember that when he got the call that he had gotten the part, he looked up to the heavens and said, "Mom, I did it." He was a highly gifted and unusual child in that he was mature beyond his years.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2005, 06:19:35 AM »

Well, it's cool that you knew him. . . Scott (from what I've read of him) seems to be a very interesting guy.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM