Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 07:12:38 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Many question from new fan
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Many question from new fan  (Read 3338 times)
fil86
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2003, 07:37:23 PM »

Hi Guys
   Im kind of a new fan. Last summer i started watching Leone films and I was blown away. Well, this Christmas, my dad got a VHS of OUATIA. I was stunned it was such an awesome movie. Anyways, i got a DVD player for christmas, and so now being the dvd buff i am, Ive been trying to find some sort legitimate copy of the movie on dvd. i know you've listed a few places to get portuguese ones and whatnot, but i didn't know if there are any major editing differences between the 226 minute Warner brothers one i have seen and the foreign versions. I wanted to make sure before i attempt to purchase it. also, i have heard rumors there are even longer versions available in europe. Ive heard 235 and longer, and i even heard someone mention a european 7 hour directors cut which just sounds crazy but i wouldnt put it past them. any info?
thanks guys.

TBPJMR
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 12:09:29 AM »

I hope the 7 hours director's cut version really exists: that would be the best news that I ever heard

Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 05:22:22 AM »

Welcome to the board! Maybe there is 7hrs of film (that is I think typical for movies?) but I never head that there was a Directors cut.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Jon
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2003, 11:34:54 AM »

As far as I know,the 226 min. version is the longest one available.I know there have been rumours of a 250 min.version or even longer,but according to Christopher Fraylings biography of Leone,the extra footage[whicg certainly exists,as is evidenced by occasional stills] which was cut from the film to get it down to 226 mins.was never dubbed and therefore never put back into the film.
wouldn,t it be great if the DVD people found this footage !even without sound it would be great to see,either put into the film as an option or on a seperate disc.
Hope this clears things up[ofcourse Christopher could be wrong-it would be great-no offense to him-if he was]

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM