Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 04, 2023, 02:43:00 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Cowboy vs Western
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Cowboy vs Western  ( 2504 )
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« : March 29, 2005, 03:56:01 PM »

Somebody I think on the SW board came up with an interesting distinction The "Cowboy" movie vs the "Western".

Cowboy movie being the the kind where the good guys are wearing white hats, don't cuss, don't drink, and are overly idealistic etc., etc. The "Western" being the grittier more realistic, more true film.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

« #1 : March 30, 2005, 09:34:19 AM »

I think that is a fair comment.  In that case, I really hate "cowboy" films.  What I liked about the majority of spaghetti westerns (and other "westerns") is that the characters look dirty - you can almost smell them sometimes.  I'm sure that is a far more accurate depiction of the old west!

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
Ramon
Gunslinger

What are we going to do with this one Frank?

« #2 : March 30, 2005, 10:21:04 AM »

I've always diskliked cowboy films but then I saw one recently that I really enjoyed "The Culpepper Cattle Company". Great film.

in these parts a man's life can depend on a mere scrap of information.

Ramon

www.fistfuloflocations.com
www.youtube.com/profile?user=swlocations
KERMIT

« #3 : March 30, 2005, 12:21:41 PM »

clayton moore, the lone ranger, along with his faithful
companion tonto, who ineviatably got sent into town just too get beat up, represented the knuckle end of the long arm of the law.

if it's about the wild west my hands are tied.  i don't want to differentiate although i follow c/j. it's as wide as it is deep.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines