Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 21, 2018, 02:13:41 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 1174 1175 [1176] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1941347 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #17625 on: February 19, 2018, 03:26:11 PM »

Black Panther (2018) - 2/10. Insufferable. Worst superhero film ever? Certainly a contender (even the Stan Lee cameo is the worst ever).

What's funny is that I thought Moorman was talking about a film that was about The Black Pathers, I found out earlier today it's about another superhero.  Grin

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17626 on: Yesterday at 01:30:26 AM »

You watched his latest films?

The latest one I saw was Jeune et Jolie, which felt way too much like a promising first short movie. I have seen a big chunk of the one before too (Dans la Maison). I haven't seen more than the trailers for his 3 last ones (probably several clips from Franz at the time because it intrigued me a bit but I cannot remember then). Have you seen everything?

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:33:22 AM by noodles_leone » Logged

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17627 on: Yesterday at 02:30:18 AM »

No, not all, mainly cause nowadays I have a big time problem, and can only watch a fractional amount of those I'm interested in.

I liked Jeune et jolie very much. 9/10

Le Refuge was of similar quality, and a re-watch of Swimming Pool was an intensive experience.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17628 on: Yesterday at 06:30:18 AM »

From what I've seen, Swimming Pool is my favorite of his post-8 Women work but there is too much laziness in it for me. Like that extended wide shot when she enters the house for the first time that doesn't mean anything (an extended close up of her face would have been the easiest meaningful choice). I saw it twice on TV with a terrible sound, next time will be either VOD or DVD but I want a listenable sound.

www.ThibautOskian.com
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #17629 on: Yesterday at 06:37:24 AM »

Bergman at 100. Film Forum has an amazing retro going now: a ton of Bergman films, a ton of them restorations. Saw two early films last night (from his Bergman Before he was Bergman period). They looked fabulous and I enjoyed them both.

It Rains on Our Love (1946) - 7/10. Boy meets girl, boy lives with girl, boy and girl want to get married but--wouldn't you know?--the Swedish bureaucracy won't let them! Oh well, there's a nice man with an umbrella who seems to be steering their destinies, so it will probably all work out (yes, it rains on our love and it will always rain on our love; at the end the man with the umbrella passes the instrument over to the couple: take care and keep moving).

Music in Darkness (1948) - 7/10. During his military service, a promising pianist is blinded in an accident. Consumed with self-pity, he doesn't properly appreciate the family maid (Mai Zetterling) who loves him and could help him find happiness. He moves away and years of suffering ensue. Later the two are reunited. After some awkwardness, the pair develop as a couple and decide to get married. Unhappily, there's this damned Swedish bureaucracy that just might ruin everything . . . but, it's all headed toward a happy ending, so no worries. Bergman was such a sentimental old softy! He certainly found the secret to success on this picture, though--lots of close-ups of Mai Zetterling. I could stare at images of her forever.

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17630 on: Yesterday at 06:46:46 AM »

From what I've seen, Swimming Pool is my favorite of his post-8 Women work but there is too much laziness in it for me.

Can't remember anything lazy in it. Quite contrary it was a beautifully controlled story telling.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17631 on: Today at 01:10:49 AM »

Jusqu' la Garde / Custody (2018) 7/10
Here is a good French film, Stanton. A family thriller about a divorce gone wrong. You shouldn't read anything about it before seeing it, since most of its appeal comes from the tension and the doubt you have on the characters. It won the Silver Lion in Venice.

www.ThibautOskian.com
Pages: 1 ... 1174 1175 [1176] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM