Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 02:46:19 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Hard Target
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hard Target  (Read 2061 times)
DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2005, 03:52:07 AM »

anyone who thinks john woo doesnt rip off leone and corbucci should see his first hollywood film Hard Target which was on BBC1 last night.

i think Woo has seen Django a few times because the first confrontation between Van Damme (who isnt as dire as id been led to believe) and a bunch of rapists is take straight from that, as is the premise, with the wealthy baddies hunting homeless people and giving them a 30 second headstart, just as Major Jackson does in Django when he shoots the mexicans. oh and theres an ear-cutting scene as well.

ive always thought Djangos a pretty poor film by itself but its obviously hugely influential.

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
pixelated
Gunslinger

perhaps.. i have a dream

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 06:19:07 AM »

django is leagues beyond hard target..

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 06:24:10 AM »

hey pixalted were'd you get that avatar, looks cool.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
pixelated
Gunslinger

perhaps.. i have a dream

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 06:56:04 AM »

some of the artwork from the last book of the dark tower series- i posted about these books under a different topic in general discussion "stephen king's gunslinger"

its  7 book series which draws heavily from the sg genre. i highly recommend.. the rest of the artwork is really cool also.

Christopher
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 01:43:04 PM »

I know I've seen part of Hard Target. I've seen several Van Damme movies, though not many of his newer ones that he's been doing (is he still doing movies? Wink).

How'd you like the movie, Djimbo? I'm curious to watch it again now that you bring up its influences. I've never minded Van Damme, so it wouldn't be too bad to take a look at it.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM