Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 04:34:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Frank did not send them
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frank did not send them  (Read 2266 times)
rattlesnake Joe
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« on: March 20, 2005, 12:19:08 AM »

When the three guys meet Harmonica at the station someone says " Frank sent us". Is this true ?. It wouldn't make sense as Frank, until his last breath could not remember the Harmonica man hence that he could have sent them to kill hamonica.  A mistake  by the grand Wizard maybe....Huh

An urban cowboy
JoeH
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 12:53:07 AM »

I'd say Harmonica wants to meet Frank PERSONALLY but this guy only sends his helpers, his bounty killers. Frank knows about the fact that Harmonica wants to meet him but he doesn't know who this man is.
Got it? Wink

SeanSeanSean
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 08:14:05 AM »

Yes, remember when Harmonica is captured by Frank, and interrogated; Frank mentions that Harmonica is the man who makes appointments.
Now, we don't know how Harmonica reached Frank for the appointment, probably by telegraph along the train line, knowing Frank is on board with Morton.
We have no information on the content of the message: something must have made Frank suspiscious. Thus sending the 3, shy one horse.
Frank appears to be close to 60 years old in the film. He has been a baddy most of is life. It is easy to undersatnd that he has a flair for danger, as he felt it coming out of the saloon in the assasination attempt. This theme is reprised by Beauregard (Fonda again) in My name is nobody who is prudent as well, with eyes behind is back.

If it's a revolution, it's confusion
Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 02:46:31 PM »

Wobbles, anyone? Wink

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 07:52:41 AM »

My guess is (like Walter Brennan's character in ed River says) that Frank never had any stranger "good-news" him, so simply wanted to do away with Harmonica "the easy way", just like a cockroach on the track.

Mr.Cho-Cho
Chicken Thief

Something to do with death

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 09:14:31 AM »

Wobbles, anyone? Wink

Yeah Harmonica went to Wobbles who went to Frank to make the appointment. Frank doesn't know who it is who made the appointment, he just know's where to meet Harmonica, at the station, so he send his 3 men.

"You remind me of my mother. She was the biggest whore in Alameda and the finest woman that ever lived. Whoever my father was, for an hour or for a month - he must have been a happy man."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM