Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 03:53:42 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Location of Sad Hill Cemetary
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Location of Sad Hill Cemetary  (Read 2817 times)
iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2005, 03:37:09 PM »

Everyone knows that Tuco and Angel Eyes new the location of the cemetary and Blondie the Grave ....right.
But as they all got closer to the site when do you think Blondie would have realised which cemetary it was. There cant have been many in the area could there? and surely It wouldn't have taken a genius to figure out which it was anyway especially if they knew the story of the ambush of the Gold by the Union troops and where it took place. I believe it wasn't a knew cemetary as well. When Tuco told Blondie they were only a short distance from it. Huh Huh Huh

Ice

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 01:16:35 PM »

Does anyone know where in the States the civil war battle and the cemetery are supposed to have taken place. Was the river the Rio grande ? A map would be nice...

Ice

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 02:09:25 PM »

I believe Tuco mentions (in the restored part just after leaving Mission San Antonio) that the cemetery is in Texas, and they have far to go.

Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 02:37:55 PM »

Yes Tuco and Blondy cross the Rio Grande into texas for the finale.

Tiger
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 02:05:49 PM »

Could be this link was posted already, but it contains some interesting info about Sibley, Canby, Glorietta Pass all mentioned in the movie. Seems most of the action in that region was in New Mexico and not Texas.

http://www.nmculturenet.org/heritage/civil_war/essays/5.html

Tiger

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 02:39:28 PM »

Could be this link was posted already, but it contains some interesting info about Sibley, Canby, Glorietta Pass all mentioned in the movie. Seems most of the action in that region was in New Mexico and not Texas.

http://www.nmculturenet.org/heritage/civil_war/essays/5.html

Tiger

Very interesting thanks....
Ice

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 04:19:43 PM »

I think Langstone Bridge is supposed to be somewhere in east Texas or along the Texas/Arkansas or Louisiana/Texas boarder. Doesn't Tuco looking at his map in the extended version state they have to go all across Texas to get to the cemetery? I don't think the Rio Grande is that big a river and easily crossed by fording in New Mexico. So I'm under the impression that the river may be the Arkansas, the Red, the Canadian or maybe the Sabine.

Just checked the streamflow gages To give you an idea of there sizes here are todays respective flows:

Rio Grande : 1,500 cubic feet/sec (cfs)
Red River : 15,000 cfs
Arkansas River : 40,000 cfs
Canadian River : 6,000 cfs

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 06:08:15 PM »

I'm not sure if any one ever mentions exactly where the cash box was stolen, it may not have been in New Mexico at all. I first myself, assumed that everything took place in New Mexico but now I think differently and its a broad landscape Leone is playing with.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM