Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 10:20:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Sergeant Angel Eyes
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sergeant Angel Eyes  (Read 4976 times)
iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2005, 01:36:56 PM »

Question....How did Angel Eyes become a sergeant in the Union Army. If he took someones identity surely someone would have recognised him Huh Huh

Ice

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Bill Carson
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 02:50:51 AM »

Cool good point Ice. this subject sort of parallels the way that Blondie always manages to NOT give his name, know what I mean? 

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 04:28:41 AM »

Question....How did Angel Eyes become a sergeant in the Union Army. If he took someones identity surely someone would have recognised him 

Well this is a good point but the armies were on the move fog of war and all that, and there were volunteer units from all over, detachments get seperated and him and Wallace could sort of vouch for each other.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 02:34:49 PM »

I seem to remember that in the novelisation of GBU Angel Eyes comes across the aftermath of a battle (at Apache Canyon i think) and takes the uniform and papers from a body. The novel was taken from the shooting script as it  also included how the money came to be buried at the beginning.

mortimerforever
Gunslinger

when you have to shoot shoot don''''t talk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 09:58:04 AM »

The Union would have probably have been pretty desperate for men aswell.

tuco ramirez number01 fan.
''''''''two kinds of spurs my friend.''''''''
forget_your_life
Road Apple

random member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 11:56:05 PM »

Question....How did Angel Eyes become a sergeant in the Union Army. If he took someones identity surely someone would have recognised him Huh Huh

Ice
in a Few Dollars More, angel eyes is an old retired army sniper or somthing. he probobly go in as a sergent since he had a previous tour with the military or somthing like that....does that make sense or did i miss somthing?

just let me go and i will pardon you.
John Baldwin
Gunslinger

Do you recognize this string ???

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 03:42:54 AM »

in a Few Dollars More, angel eyes is an old retired army sniper or somthing. he probobly go in as a sergent since he had a previous tour with the military or somthing like that....does that make sense or did i miss somthing?

Heu... the dollar trilogy is not a cycle for the story. The characters are not the same in the three movies. And I'll just give you an exemple: in FAFDM, Mario Brega is a man of Indio and he fights Mortimer (who is a good guy in the movie), such as in GBU, he is with Angel eyes (who is a bad guy in the movie). He didn't act the same personnages... Leone wanted a link between the movies, but that's all.

Le monde se divise en deux catégories: ceux qui ont un revolver chargé, et ceux qui creusent; toi tu creuses...
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 07:07:13 AM »

Think of them all as Leone's campfire stories of the legend of the Man with no Name.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM