Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 09:03:04 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Restored GBU coming to theaters ... and AMC!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Restored GBU coming to theaters ... and AMC!  (Read 11427 times)
aaronson
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2003, 01:32:06 AM »

Sounds great!

How does the projection exactly work and hook up?

I use a Philips Video projector (2500 $) 1200 luminens with a  bulb (6000 hours life).Luminens and bulblife are two important criterias
Direct connection is very easy from DVD lector or VHS magneto (for VHS but also for TV shows) or Computer pad.
Video projector give sound but it's better to connect a chain
Image is wonderful and pleasure great.
From 4 meters I project to my white wall  and I obtain a 2x3  metres screen.
(Price is falling down quickly , I obtained a special bargain but compare with  current  price  of best TV model.)
You know what? I'm happy.

sempre sempre ci ni sara banditinelli in macchia Corsa
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2003, 04:52:54 AM »

Thanks for the info,

"there are two kinds of Leone fans in the world those with big screens those with small, those with small weep."

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
MrBlonde
Road Apple

How's your digestion now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2003, 04:34:41 PM »

This is my first post on the message board!  Hello, to all the Sergio Leone/Spaghetti western fans!!

I saw the restored version of GBU on AMC. I was really happy to see it with the extra scenes. I can't say the dubbing was all that great, but the picture quality looked WAY better than the previous TV versions I've seen.

Anyway, I taped it (I have the GBU dvd as well), so I can rewatch it. AMC only showed it once, now they just show the regular version (kinda sux). I wish theyd show the new version instead.

BTW, I watched it on my 36" TV screen Smiley

"$200,000 is alot of money... we're gonna have to earn it"
Sentenza
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2003, 04:20:20 PM »

Hello everybody,

two days ago I finally received my GBU DVD. Cool As soon as I got it I played it on my computer to have a quick glance at the extra scenes that come as a bonus feature. And guess what? I immediately recognized all of them! Now it gets interesting. Probably about half a year ago, I think it was around christmas, I managed to tape GBU on VHS when it was shown again on german telly. The version I recorded DOES indeed have all of the extra scenes reincorporated into the movie. Like all movies shown on german tv it's dubbed in german, of course, which means that those "new" scenes had to be dubbed as well at some point in time. I wonder if this is the same cut that was shown on AMC or whether they just took the extra scenes from somewhere (probably the DVD), dubbed them in german, and reinserted them for the TV version. I'll have to check if it contains the "Grotto scene" that's mentioned at the beginning of this thread and whether the picture quality differs from the rest during the reinserted scenes.

We kill him now, papa?!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM